Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Quilts from the weekend's quilt shows

On Sunday I went to Bowie, Maryland.
DSC06781.JPG hand applique & hand embroidery...
DSC06744.JPG
DSC06772.JPG It really looks like the glacier.
DSC06750.JPG Taupe! (When I was in ear shot, I heard a gal telling someone that this quilt had generated a lot of buzz the day before.) You guys know how much I love taupe!
DSC06739.JPG
While in Bowie, I met Susie. After hearing, "Are you 'The Calico Cat?'"
On Saturday, we went to Manasas, Virginia. I found out about that show from a gal who reads my blog. Thanks again for the heads up.
DSC06719.JPG Snow peas, get it?
DSC06698.JPG
DSC06697.JPG
DSC06672.JPG
DSC06709.JPG I feel one of these coming on...
DSC06681.JPG MOD! I have that cat print...
DSC06670.JPG Dogwood is my favorite tree! I have a dogwood UFO....
These two joined me in Manasas.
DSC06726.JPG I rescued that 30's top & "fixed" & finished it myself. If satin stitch can be considered a proper fix for piecing...
You should have heard the ladies when we wheeled in the stroller... :o)

5 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

Interesting quilts. Cute little baby boy there!

*karendianne. said...

Taupe! It's not my thing but I enjoy it and this quilt, well, this quilt is really cool!

Cher said...

both "men" are utterly charming- lucky you...

The Calico Quilter said...

You stopped me dead in my tracks at the second photo. Love that album quilt. Actually, love a lot of them. Those were good quilt shows. Jacob is looking cute as always. I'm curious - did they like the stroller or think using an old quilt was a sacrilege?

Dorothy said...

Wonderful quilts. Thank you for sharing the photos with us.