Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Quick recap

So I went to a quilt exhibit at our local community college before heading out to Mid-Atlantic. Let me tell you that percentage wise that was one of the best "shows" that I have been to. Even if you are not so hip on the subject, the techniques were awesome.
Here is one of my favorites from that show (I'll show more later):
DSC06339.JPG
here is a closer view of the face:
DSC06340.JPG
Mid-Atlantic (as well as other quilt shows) has special exhibits in addition to the regular juried show. This year they had several of Linda Hibbert's quilts. Great fun for me because I love to see cats in fabric! They also had a very nice black & white exhibit that was timely for many of us who are participating in the black & white challenge... What suprised me the most was the Hoffman Challenge. I saw the collection & though there are going to be a ton of peacock quilts... there were several Peacocks on display, but the non-peacock quilts were awesome! Here are two of my favorites:
DSC06469.JPG
DSC06466.JPG

7 comments:

Kay said...

Great, all of them! I haven't seen any Hoffman Challenge quilts this year except the winners on the website (they weren't peacocks either.

Pat said...

Thanks for sharing that most interesting quilt from the local show. Where did the quilter get fabrics with all those words on them? Do you think the quilter did the words onto fabric with a computer? The end result was really good!

jovaliquilts said...

Wow, I can't believe that face! At first I thought it was selvages, then I took a closer look. Awesome.

paula, the quilter said...

The Obama quilt is fantastic! Linda Hibbert is a local quilter around here and we always get to see her new designs first.

*karendianne. said...

I don't know what to say except "wow" and thanks for sharing. I've never seen anything like this.

Improvedliving said...

Thanks for sharing that most interesting quilt from the local show.


online quilting community

woof nanny said...

Wow. That totally inspires me. I love using words in my art.