Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Photos

DSC06387.JPG

When you look at a photo, what do you see?

Do you see the wrap & wonder, "What the heck is that?" It is a Moby Wrap. We've used it a few times with varying levels of success... We might have started to use it a bit late for Jacob's comfort with the concept. Although there are times whem he "likes it." So maybe he was just cranky the other times. You kind of need to be a visual person to wrap it & place the baby in it... (One of us is not visual...) I like it, but I am not the baby wearer that I "knew" I was going to be. You see we have the click & go car seat/stroller combination. The extra space below the stroller is so useful & the fact that you have to have the car seat menas that I rarely get around to using the wrap.

The green bit is the handle to his "JUMBO" Land's End "Diaper Bag." Several Bum Genius cloth diapers & the associated accoutrment of a baby do not fit into a "real" diaper bag.

The other shoulder strap belongs to my husband's back pack.

I look at that photo & see me as a baby... The head shape is the same... the expression is the same... (Must go through my photos...)

So at the end of the day what the photo shows is the dry run trial at getting the baby to day care on the bus. (Not that we ever left the hotel room all "dolled up." & I think at the end of the day my husband prefers to carry the baby - The baby did not fit into the wrap while wearing his snowsuit.)

9 comments:

Suzan said...

I just see one cutie patootie!

sewprimitive karen said...

Hi, Jacob! He looks just like you, Amy.

Pat said...

What an adorable little guy he is. When one of mine was little, they were just coming out with baby carriers and we tried, but she didn't like it. We tried from when she was very little, too. I think some kids just don't take to them...no matter how young when you first use them.

sophie said...

I can look at that face and totally see you as a baby . . . even though we've only met once.

Greenmare said...

I used one of those with our last one, and I loved it. You can put them in it different ways. I could nurse in it too and be a bit discreet. ;-)
the other carrier I loved was the snugli. kind of like being pregnant again, but I could take it off! then there was the backpack, that was better for dad to use since I had long hair which was very entertaining for all the babies.

Michael5000 said...

Well, it kind of looks like someone has their arm in a sling, except instead of a hand at the end of his arm he has... a baby's face!!!

Probably you don't want to think of your loved ones morphed together into some kind of a freakish, mutant, monster, but you asked and so I feel compelled to answer.

: )

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

Jacob is adorable.

Mama Koch said...

He's a beautiful little guy who looks a lot like his Mama!

*karendianne. said...

I was with you and really getting into the entire thing but I lost it and cracked up at the end when you said DH prefers to carry the baby, you never got out of the house and the baby doesn't fit with his snowsuit on. Okay! That visual is just way too funnnny!