Thursday, March 05, 2009

More from the quilt shows

On the Black & White Quilt Challenge blog, I posted these quilts.

DSC06597.JPG

DSC06502.JPG

DSC06496.JPG
All three by the same quilter (if it wasn't obvious) the bottom one won a ribbon. The top on was my favorite of the 3, I like the flecks of gold. These are the kind of "Art Quilt" that I like, I feel as though I could hang this in my home right now... (I'd have to rearrange the quilts that are already hanging, but...)

DSC06368.JPG


DSC06367.JPG

DSC06341.JPG

DSC06373.JPG

DSC06354.JPG

DSC06325.JPG

DSC06313.JPG

Two different quilters who have truely mastered this technique! I am always amazed by the use of blue & green on faces... The one on the bottom was used on the post cards that advertised this exhibit.

7 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Definitely! I see how these would be amazing in the house as well. Gosh, they're, theyr'e well I don't know what to say. Impressive doesn't seem to be enough.

Greenmare said...

wow, totally amazing!! thanks for sharing!!!

Michael5000 said...

Ooooh, I LOVES the B/W abstract ones!

simplicitybegins said...

I'm with you; I like the top one best, too. It has a Mondrian-like quality.

Diana said...

Thanks you very much for showcasing my Mosaic Art! I found this feature by following something totally different. To my surprise, I saw my quilts and the other wonderful quilts from the show: President Obama: A Celebration in Quilts.

My name is Diana Bracy and the first four were created by me. The first one is the Kennedy brothers "Whispering". It received a ribbon from my first juried Fine Arts Show for Honorable Mention.

Diana said...

Hi again, The second quilt "44th President and First Lady" will move to another exhibition and can be seen at The Historical Society of Washington, D. C. 801 K Street, NW Washington, D. C.

The exhibition is Quilts for Obama, Celebrating the Inauguration of our 44th President. The dates were extended until July 26, 2009. Thanks again! Diana Bracy

Diana said...

The bottom quilt was created by Mary Scales and as you mentioned was used as the announcement photo. Thanks so very much for showcasing our quilts. As you can tell, I am excited! Diana