Monday, March 09, 2009

Hag Purim Sameach

Happy Purim
DSC06610.JPG
Jacob will be an apple! I will be the tree, since the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. (Yes, I have been saving that one up for a while...)

A good explaination of why Jacob is wearing a costume can be found in the wiki link above...

I might even have an apple hamantashen in my lunch bag. (I let my lunch packer - aka husband choose.)

While I could have made the hamantashen, I didn't... Loads of recipes abound on the net & depending on where you live they are available in grocery stores - our local stores carry them all the time in the prepackaged but not Pepperidge Farm part of the bakery.
But if you want or need, there are some gluten free recipes here.
Quilter, Quiz Master Extrordinaire Michael is also reading the Bible & blogging about it. He read Esther not to long ago...

11 comments:

Vicki W said...

How cute!

Pat said...

Jacob is SO cute!

Miri said...

Jacob is an adorable apple...have a fun time for his very first Purim!

Greenmare said...

well that is the sweetest apple I've EVER seen!

Chocolate Cat said...

That is one mighty cute apple!!

Andi said...

Totally random, but do you know the name of the books about a Jewish family with lots of daughters? I vaguely remember them living in New York and going to the beach in the summer, and getting ready for Purim.

Rhonda said...

What a cute outfit for baby Jacob.

Greenmare said...

This was very interesting. I followed your link and learned about Purim. I never knew any of that. It sort of sounds like our Mardi Gras on Fat Tuesday.

*karendianne. said...

First I see cuteness then I learn something new. My heart is singing and brain is expanding. Whew. Good thing coffee is already in me!

Jessica said...

sooo adorable!!

andsewitis Holly said...

Cute, cute, cute!