Monday, March 23, 2009

Denyse Schmidt does not live here....

I am 99% sure that Denyse Schmidt is not sold in my area. (I think that Artful Quilter may carry it & I do not go to some shops that I know about - time distance, that LACK of a need to buy fabric or to spend money...)

I went to 2 local quilt shows this past weekend (more on that later), & went to 1 the weekend before & the weekend before that I was at the quilt festival in Mid-Atlantic.

& I did not see 1 fat quarter... (I was looking, too.)

Back to Artful Quilter...

I am lucky in that my husband indulges my quilt show addiction...
So we went to Manasas, Virginia. Not exactly close to me - any place that makes you take Route 66 (Fairfax & Price William Counties, Virginia at least) to get there is going to see farther that is it - like that message in your rearview mirror about things appearing closer than they are... On the way back, I thought, "We can go to Artful Quilter." Reality then set it, we are ALL hungry, we want to get home at a decent time, I don't "need" any more fabric, etc. So we drove past it without stopping... We did stop for lunch & my patient baby allowed me to finish my brunch. & we stopped at a grocery store to get a few things for the holiday...

So I am still thinking that Denyse Schmidt does not live here...

But I did hear that Bonnie Hunter will be in Virginia to teach at the Northern Virginia Quilter's Unilimted show (in June)... I'm definately going to that show, but in general, I don't take classes...

We'll be at at least a couple other shows in the mean time...

1 comment:

Screen Door said...

I've never taken a quilt class. But I would be tempted if I had the opportunity to take one from her. When I think of a quilter-- the kind my grandma was-- in the purest sense of the word--- she's one of the first names that pop into my head. I'd love the opportunity....Have a great Tuesday.