Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Thinking about quilting & my baby

Why just thinking - I am back to work.

I went back on Monday & am still catching up, getting back into the groove...

Since Jacob
So that is what a thumb is for....
is sleeping through the night, for the first couple of days, he was not even awake by the time I was leaving the house. :o(

That was so hard - just peeking in to see him, resisting the urge to pick him up...

There went my plan to feed him before leaving...

So this morning I went in to see him about half an hour before I had to leave - just in case he was awake so I "could" feed him. There he was eyes wide open sucking on his thumb - just like in the picture. So I fed him. He was so good - no squealing while I changed his diaper, no crying while I got us situated to feed. He did cry when I put him down to sleep...

I have come to the conclusion that it is harder to leave with him awake that with him sleeping...

Today he went for infant reading at the library & was a good boy. To bad his father did not get a picture...

On the quilty subject...
I have cut all 100 of my black & white prints! Now to start cutting the yellow. :o)

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

What a sweet baby! I wanted to let you know that I am only going to be at Mid-Atlantic on Thursday. When will you be there?

Catherine said...

He's so adorable it must have been tough to go back to work period, whether he was awake or asleep!

McIrish Annie said...

Going back to work is always hard but he will still love his mommy best!

Good luck getting back in the groove.

sewkalico said...

Sounds like he loves his Mom! It's a wrench, but he will always be your Jacob!

andsewitis Holly said...

He has grown so much already! What a cutie. Sounds like you are handling the back-to-work well.

YankeeQuilter said...

Jacob is beautiful! Sorry to say it doesn't get any easier until maybe High School...of course then you stay up all night waiting for them to come home...