Friday, February 20, 2009

Anniversary - in two parts

(Well probably more than two parts...)

Part A. My husband took Jacob to a couple museums. They were going to tour the Capital, but they have a strict no bottle rule...

Part B. I went to work.

Before those parts several weeks ago, I was at home with my Baby watching a lot of cooking shows on TV (I Love "The F Word") & saw one too may cheesecakes (Not on "The F Word"), so I told my husband that we would be going to The Cheesecake Factory for our anniversary.

Part C. The boys picked me up at work, where Jacob did the obligatory tour of my office/meet & great, before I fed him (the reason for meeting me here instead of me meeting them there) so that we could possibly have a happy baby in the restaurant.

He was pretty good - he needed to be held more than usual when we are out... The food was also good. I even tried a new cheesecake that I just might like more that the Godiva one that I have always got in the past.

Part D. LEFTOVERS! (The cheesecake is just as good today as it was yesterday.)

Part E. My GF gave us tickets to see a show at a local theater - Olney Theater (Where Susan Sarandon acted while in college, Catholic University of America - as a tidbit of trivia.) & We are of course going out to eat before the show as well (non-chain very nice restaurant)... & That will be Jacob's first experience with a baby sitter...

Thanks to my husband for agreeing to go to the restaurant of my choice & for the Pinwheels gift certificate for me to use at Mid-Atlantic next weekend. Thanks to Jacob for being a good baby. Thanks to my GF for the tickets. Thanks to my dad for the check to cover one of our dinners out...

7 comments:

Exuberant Color said...

Life sounds very good for you right now. All the pieces falling together just right...

martha said...

mmmmmm cheesecake from Godiva? who knew?

Catherine said...

That sounds like a great evening out!! And cheesecake? Oh, my ...

Libby said...

What fun . . . . all the way around.

A strict 'no bottle' rule? If they can go on a plane, why not there? *s* I don't get our rules sometimes.

Jules said...

I love the Olney Theater. Haven't been there in many years.

julieQ said...

Yum! sounds like a wonderful night...any night with cheesecake is very worthy, anyway, in my book! Enjoy that precious little one!

Living on the Spit said...

The Cheesecake Factory...yum! I am glad that things are so well for you.

I will be at THE show on Sunday, as my hubby works twelve hours on Saturday. He is wonderful about going to quilt shows with me. If you sign up for Cotton Vaults email list, they are giving away a free charm pack at the show! I am really so very excited.