Tuesday, January 27, 2009

yellow day


yellow day
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

When I realized that Jacob was in a yellow dressing gown on a yellow sheet with a yellow trimmed bumper, I decided to take out the yellow knit blanket that my mother-in-law made for my husband when he was a baby. She said that this was probably the last thing that she knit.

My MIL is a school teacher, as with any other profession, co-workers have babies. She always crochet a blanket for those baby showers. She also crocheted a layette set for Jacob, but based upon her comments about her hands hurting, she may be getting out of crocheting as well.

To which I say, I am glad that my Pfaff does all of the sewing!

Now I should get off the computer & cut some fabric or at least watch the snow fall.

Has anyone heard of the band "Green Day?" Well, that is where I got the title "Yellow Day." The title lost its luster as I typed - but you have to admit, that sure is a lot of yellow!

3 comments:

Kay said...

Sweet! My son had a yellow knit shawl that looked a lot like that--same era, I bet. Pretty then, pretty now, I think.

cindyquiltsOR said...

I have a yellow knit blanket my mom made when I was expecting my oldest son. I doubt he will have children, so I am hanging onto it.

I crocheted 6 twin bed sized blankets in 4 weeks of November/December. I am working on a smaller one now and my hands are screaming. Might have to slow down!

Exuberant Color said...

So much yellow for the little sunshine in your life. He's quite a cutie.