Wednesday, January 07, 2009

That time is nearing...


DSC05979.JPG
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

Yes, this may sound like whining, but when the population of an already crowded location is expected to triple or quadruple - it is expected. Especially from someone who already lived in that locale.

The population explosion is so bad for "ordinary" inagurations that that date is a Federal Holiday in DC & the surrounding counties & many non-Federal places (i.e. Universities) are closed as well.

This one will probably make those pale in comparison. (However, from what I have heard, the park service will not be estimating the crowd size. They use to do that rather scientifically, but there was some controversy surrounding a "march" so they don't anymore - from what I understand.)

I half way thought about going down myself, but I will be home with the baby instead. (The metro will be a bigger mess than it is on a daily basis! Mark my words if that is how you plan on getting down there - as if there were any other viable options....)

A whole lotta chatter just to show one bag made out of recycled newspapers, huh? (In case you did not know, I am a bag lady...)

8 comments:

Suzan said...

Love it!!

Kay said...

I hope that the inauguration doesn't turn into a disaster. What I keep hearing doesn't sound good.

Like your bag!

Jules said...

I went to Reagan's inauguration in 1981. It was so cool. I will never forget it. We took the Metro into town. It was very crowded. I cannot imagine what this one will be like. But, I wish I could be there. (Not with a baby, though...)

The bag is very cool.

2ndAvenueStudio-Rachel said...

cool bag! I also hear the bars are never going to close.

Greenmare said...

from one bag lady to another, that is an awesome bag!!!

Susan Freebery said...

I love love love the bag! YOu must give us a hint as to where we can buy one, etc! It is out of this world!

Samantha said...

LOVE the bag- would totally buy that in a store! annie and i are heading out to Dc for the big day and plan to do metro- there isn't any other way, really, right? We're coming in from Vienna...

cindyquiltsOR said...

I enjoyed DC in the middle of summer 2000. I cannot begin to imagine what it will be like later this month!

Do tell ... more info about the cool bag.