Tuesday, December 23, 2008

water main break

I heard about the break several hours ago (I get traffic/weather alerts via e-mail), but I am watching the news on BBC America & this event made the news. (I think that that is a big deal, because they cover the world, not just the Washington area.) Luckily I do not drive in that area very often, but I have driven there, so that makes the event a bit scary... We are also lucky that it did not effect our water supply - breaks have done that in the past.

I can't wait for it to actually get cold... (the mains can & do break more often in colder weather.) Just a bit sarcastic.

Tomorrow is our photo day - I sure hope that Jacob is awake & cooperative during our appointment time... 

6 comments:

Amy said...

I am in MD right now (from MI), and I heard about it all over the TV today. Its freaking me out though, how you guys dont have any snow here, I came from a good 3 feet on Friday - to nothing here!

Rhonda said...

I am so happy that you weren't affected.
I'm sure that baby Jacob will be ready for his "close-up." Merry Christmas.

Catherine said...

It was all over the news here and I wondered if you were affected at all! Glad you weren't. That looked like an incredibly scary situation for those involved!

andsewitis Holly said...

Happy Hanukkah, Amy! Wishing you and your loved ones blessings. That Jacob is one adorable baby. Stay warm.

julieQ said...

Those pictures are absolutely terrifying! Poor, poor people...I am glad you were not in the middle of that!

Cher said...

happy Hanukkah Amy- what a beautiful baby boy Jacob is! I have enjoyed catching up with you and the latest addition. I hope your photos turn out as you wish.