Saturday, December 06, 2008

Shakespeare in the Park, pattern by Judy Martin


Shakespeare in the Park, pattern by Judy Martin
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

I just got this quilt back from the long armer. Unlike many of my quilts, I knew exactly how I wanted this one quilted. I wanted feathers flowing out of the snail's trail blocks. So this one is a feathered wonder. I can't wait to see it after it is washed... (I "just" need to do the binding.)

This is a 2 fabric quilt - very unusual for me. The dark is a commercially prepared hand dyed print by: Ricky Timms. (It was available in quilt shops several years ago.) The light is a not white - but it is lighter than I wanted. So i am very happy with the use of the thread. (The backing fabric, that does not show the quilting very well, was in my stash since almost the beginning of my quilting! So nice to have used that one!)

As always, RB is helping me by modeling the quilt - which is on my sofa, since it was overcast all day today - with a few snow flurries thrown in for good measure.

18 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Wow, I never would have guessed it was just 2 fabrics. That Ricky Tim's fabric was a genius pick -- gives it so much life and sparkle!

Tanya said...

What a beautiful quilt and the quilting is exquisite too!

Catherine said...

That is stunning!! Love the fabrics and the quilting is perfect -- great choice.

Threads and thoughts said...

I love this quilt, it's so fabulous finished!

Teresa said...

Absolutely beautiful! The fabric selection is perfect and the quilting is wonderful.

Suzan said...

Beautiful quilt!

paula, the quilter said...

Like, Cheri, I think picking that Ricky Tims fabric for this was sure genius! I love this pattern.

McIrish Annie said...

I absolutely love the quilting! YOur longarmer is fabulous

Libby said...

Two fabrics - that's amazing! You did a great job.

Karen Dianne Lee said...

Ohhh this is lovely.

Rian said...

That is one gorgeous cat. I love how you added the cat for texture.

Miri said...

This is a beautiful quilt-I love the feathers.

BUMBLE BEANS said...

this is beautiful!!!

Susan said...

Wow, great job on the quilting and your choice was excellent.

Kay said...

Beautiful! That's one of my all-time favorite patterns, and your version is lovely.

Where are the baby pictures???!!!

Ruth's Place said...

It's stunning!!

The Calico Quilter said...

Your quilt is spectacular and the fabric was a perfect selection. The quilting is just right and flows with the design.

Carla said...

Stunning!! Have you sent the photo so she can put it on her page?
http://www.judymartin.com/Viewer-Photos.cfm