Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Baby Blintz & a recipe for Blintz Souffle


1127080644b.jpg
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

What do you call a tightly wrapped newborn? Baby Burrito? What about Baby Blintz? (A blintz is basically a stuffing - cherry, cheese, blueberry, & potato - wrapped in a crepe.) Here is my baby blintz. I am sharing (or resharing as the case may be.) this photo now because I just made blintz souffle.

As a caveat, I use purchased frozen blintz - Golden is the brand.

Blintz Souffle

Ingredients
12 blintz (I use 1 package of cheese & 1 fruit)
1 pint sour cream
6 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sugar

Pre-heat oven to 350F. Mix sugar, eggs, & sour cream in a bowl, until smooth. Arrange blintz in a baking dish (I arrange them like a checkerboard, so that you can get one of each flavor in a serving.) cover with the egg mixture. Bake for 1 hour. Enjoy, for breakfast, brunch, side dish, dessert... We had it for dinner...

BTW I took my black & white prints out of the stewdio while my husband was entertaining the baby, but that it about as far as I got so far....

3 comments:

Andi said...

Here in the desert we called Baby K a burrito...now after her bath she asks to be "burrito-ed"!!

ForestJane said...

He's adorable, burrito or not! What do the cats think of him?

cindyquiltsOR said...

I was cruising along in my mind with the black and white plus one color challenge and realized: my fabric had a bit of another color! DRATS! (I will make it anyway, just not for the challenge.)

Back to idea number two ... it might as well be idea number one since it just keeps coming to the top!

Keep the baby pictures coming! He is soooooo handsome!