Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Another reading session


DSC05934.JPG
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

Jacob's father is reading to him too. I'm pretty sure that is a Sam McBratney (Guess How Much I Love You) book in Hebrew. We are trying to raise Jacob to be bilingual, so a lot of his books are written in Hebrew. I am sure that it is the same with other languages, but the translations are sometimes "interesting."

For example, in Good Night Moon, in Hebrew they do not say good night to the telephone... (Usually it has something to do with the rhyme.)

9 comments:

Rhonda said...

What a precious moment.

Paula said...

Very sweet. My sister is teaching her baby Spanish. She was a high school Spanish teacher for 12 years before having her first baby. So, she's using her degree to teach her own child. I think it's wonderful for a child to be bilingual from a very early age. All I knew was pig latin...and I really wasn't fluent. LOL Not something you really want to teach your children. :^)

cindyquiltsOR said...

Darling picture, Jacob looks attentive.

My companion is bi-lingual in Hebrew but I don't think he reads it much now. I think he attended Hebrew school for five years.

I am marginally bi-lingual. I can read/listen to Spanish with good accuracy, speaking is less so. I am learning American sign language now.

Maybe I will have a chance to teach g'kids a second language.

sophie said...

It seems that Jacob is already looking up to his Dad. I love this photo.

Jules said...

I love baby and daddy pictures. I love that you are reading to him in Hebrew. And I just love that you are a Mommy now. What a beautiful and alert baby Jacob is!

*karendianne. said...

What a treasured photo.

Catherine said...

What a wonderful photo!

Deb H said...

Awwwww! I love seeing your new baby in such precious moments!

The Calico Quilter said...

How alert he looks in all the photos!