Tuesday, November 25, 2008

What do they say...

about needing another hole in your head. (Not the manic piercers, mind you...)

Well, I joined Jackie's Black & White quilt challenge project.

Yes, I am having a baby tomorrow.
Yes, I do have UFO's, WIP's, & Kits out the wazoo.

BUT I also have a ____ load of black & white prints that I have barely done 1 thing with. That 1 thing - the black & white cats made it into my cat charm quilts.

I obviously love black & white quilts. I fawn over them on blogs, on flickr, and at quilt shows... I was unable to even consider culling any (yet).

Anyway the challenge last a full year & I plan on doing something "simple & doable." I blogged that quilt here after the quilt show too.

This morning during my bout of insomnia/heartburn/rib pains, I was going to photograph my black & white pile, but...

Yes, I am at work. No, I have not packed my bag yet. :o)

14 comments:

Silverthimble said...

I also said I would do the B&W challenge! I am not sure I need tos start a new project either, but here I go!

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

I've been reading about the black and white challenge and I am intrigued by it. May have to consider joining.

I'll keep you in thoughts and prayers as your little one comes to stay soon.

Rhonda said...

You are so bad...waving that black/white yearlong project in front of my eyes. So I charged on over to Jackie's and signed up....LOL.....Take care and happy baby!!!!!

Jeanne said...

Aaaack! I don't want to hear about any more quilts!!! Just baby news!!!!!!!

Pack that bag. Take a deep breath. Plunge into Motherhood.

You will be in my thoughts.

Hugs ~ Jeanne

Catherine said...

I joined it too. I started to collect black and white FQ's -- and then stopped so now I have a reason to start again. LOL
For pity's sake get your hospital bag packed!!!!

The Calico Quilter said...

Best wishes, and can't wait to see a picture of the new little one.

Libby said...

I'm impressed that you haven't packed your bag yet. I think you will be a very easy-going mom, which is definitely good!

I just started a black and white project but it already has more than one color. I also absolutely love every black and white quilt I ever see, collect the fabrics, and until now have done nothing...

Libby said...

Oh who cares about a quilt challenge? Tomorrow - tomorrow, you're going to have a baby! Just think - by the time I wake up here on the west coast, you'll be 'Mama Cat' with her very own little kitten *s*

Susan said...

Wow, is it here already! You say 'I am having a baby tomorrow' like it happens all the time!

Good luck!

sewkalico said...

All the very best for tomorrow. Pack your bag, you don't want to be needing anything at the last minute! Check your camera is charged!!! And think happy thoughts! Can't wait to see the little Calico Kitten!

Mama Koch said...

Would you just go have that baby?! We're ready to see it!

The Quilting Pirate said...

Thinking of you and your family. Good luck doesn't sound like the proper thing to say, but I'm sending positive engeries :)

mamaspark said...

Good luck with the birth tomorrow!! I hope all goes well and that your little one is perfect!!

Greenmare said...

well don't go rushing into anything like packing your bags for TOMORROW! instead start another quilt!!! ;-) YIKES, I have a collection of black and whites too, what is with this, first the red thing now the black and white.... I have about 81 other stashes for quilts too but I'll keep quiet about them.