Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Stop looking at me!


Stop looking at me!
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

As a continuation of the story from the previous post...

It gets harder when the two are involved, but you can see how they are off to the edge.

He is not as nice about waiting for the attention. he will move right into the middle of what you are working on...

This is pretty much how we spent the day yesterday. Except that I was trimming my "cut the ragged edge piece bigger & trim later" pieces down to 2.5 inches wide. Now to trim them all down to 18 inches long.

The eventual plan - besides lightening the fabirc load - is to have something that I can quickly & easily feed through the sewing machine while the baby is sleeping & I am not also zonked out...

I also have a Taupe snowball that will also land in the all cut out & ready to sew category (I purchased a couple charm packs, so I only have to cut the small squares for the stich & flip method) - heck while I am feeling ambitious, I have an Autumnal UFO that fits that category too! & the applique project, & the English Paper Piecing project...

Yeah, I know how much of that will actually get done - but it is nice to have a plan & I accomplished a lot while on Finn's finishing plan!

4 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Thankfully my kitty cannot leap up onto my cutting surface... she just sits at my feet and wails pitifully until I stop and pay attention to her...

Catherine said...

Neither of the boys are interested when I'm cutting fabric -- but I either set up the ironing board and use the cutting mat on it or on the kitchen counter and neither of those are spots they'll jump up on to.
You are ambitious!! Sounds like you're getting lots prepped to stitch.

miniaturequilter said...

No cat here to jump on my quilts, but a little one who will take off with a quilt top if the color suits him!!

jovaliquilts said...

Just wanted to let you know -- at our last Project Linus worknight, we used some of the solid fabrics you gave us. I have a photo on my blog. Thank you so much!