Thursday, November 06, 2008

More on RED!

So I decided to pull out my reds last night. (I had grandiose plans for cutting too....) To begin, the majority of pieces that you see are fat quarters or long quarters...
DSC05644.JPG Photo 1 (Who knew I would need to take two photographs?)
DSC05650.JPG Photo 2, the bottom 2 rows are all cat prints... (Did anyone doubt the number of cat prints that I have?)
DSC05649.JPG Helper 1 - love the lamp on the cutting table that I will have to get rid of soon... Those bookcases are supposed to be for the baby - hence the culling...
DSC05641.JPG Helper 2 - this spot was preferred to his preferred spot - on the crib. (My tent does not work at keeping them out....) Well we still need to wash the sheet anyway, right? & the quilts that are on the bed as well...

Bottom line, I think that I could do both the Zero Value log cabin with my redder fabrics & I could do the light & dark strippy quilt with the red on whites & other prints.

The cats have always been planned for a "Bonnie back" - Big squares cut & sewn back together.

The wonky blocks - are so not me...

Now to figure out how much to cut so I can mail off the rest to someone who asked for them... (The old addage is true - not that I can quote it or anything, but it goes something like, "If you don't ask....") I've already got some in the bag & I've already decided that some (aka the cats) will probably never make it into the bag, but a bunch will be used or culled real soon!

9 comments:

Catherine said...

Do your helpers have favourite colours? :-) They definitely look like they're about to settle in and stop you from doing much cutting.

Miri said...

Looking at your fabrics lined up, I can see both quilts will be fabulous.

sophie said...

While I'm not really surprised, the number of red cat prints is truly impressive.

Mama Koch said...

A red log cabin would be purdy.

Exuberant Color said...

I cannot even imagine only making one or two red quilts and giving away all of the rest of the reds. Of course I love red, and maybe you don't. Is space the only issue? Or do you think you will not be making quilts in the future? I guess I like the variety from a lot of different years, not just what I can buy today in a store.

I hope the baby turns for you so you will have a chance for natural childbirth. My best wishes are with you.

Rian said...

LOVE those REDS!!!!

Betty J in OKC said...

LOVE those reds TOO!

Feed Dog said...

He does look a bit like our beast...and I imagine his "help" is about as useful, too. Ours was quite annoyingly interested in my wool felt last night.

Is he a full Siamese? We think ours is probably a Tonkinese (half Siamese and half Burmese).

Tanya said...

Wow! You have a great stash of RED! What fun it would be to muddle around in those for awhile! I can hardly think of making something new with just a cat on my lap. I can't imagine being that much pregnant and still have my focus on quilting!