Monday, November 24, 2008

gifty for the babe

This post could also be titled some people sure can keep a secret...

According to Ms. Jan, the box arrived in record time. I waited to open it - I had grandiose plans to wait until the baby arrived, but I opened it early just in case it would "need" to be washed.

(Yes, we are washing everything before the baby has a chance to get it dirty. Yes, we live with 2 cats, so the whole concept could be an oxymoron with all of their cat fur floating around...)

All of the contributors can be found on the sidebar - Round Robin Quilters. 15 people whose blogs I check as often as they post (Thank you blog lines) were able to keep this a secret. We have a yahoo group too... I am still in shock over the suprise...

The best part - I no longer have to fell guilty about abandoning my 30's baby quilt. :o) The second best part - all of the 30's kitties!

Without further ado - Gift quilt for the baby:
baby gift quilt
& the label (Whats not to like about that one!)
baby gift quilt label
I love the use of the yellows & greens so the touches of pink & blue do not make it say boy or girl. :o) More photos can be seen on Beth's blog.

15 comments:

Suzan said...

What a lovely gift!

Vicki W said...

That's adorable!

Libby said...

What a wonderful surprise!

Kathie said...

that was so nice of them to do that for you.
a quilt I am sure you will treasure.
just adorable.

Quiltdivajulie said...

How absolutely, wonderfully marvelous... the process and the gift - what a treasure (for so many, many reasons).

Beth said...

I'm sooo glad you like it! I hope the kitten likes it as much :) It sure was a fun one to quilt. We are good secret keepers aren't we? hehehehe

Catherine said...

What a fabulous gift!

teodo said...

wonderful, wonderful gift.
ciao ciao

Shasta said...

What a beautiful gift, and how thoughtful of your friends to make that for you. I hope that the labor and delivery goes smoothly for you.

Dianne said...

Isn't that an adorable quilt?! And I love the label, too. Really an heirloom...you'll have to hang it on the wall for kitten to enjoy from the crib.

Two days and counting...thinking of you!

paula, the quilter said...

What a sweet gift from some sweet ladies. The kitten will like it.

Ms. Jan said...

I'm such a dip. I left Julie's name off the label! Can you write it in for me? Thanks, jan.

The Quilting Pirate said...

I'm soo glad you are tickled by our little project! I loved pulling out my older Aunt G's just for you. Purple and kitties you just can't go wrong! Everyone did a wonderful job on it!

Bizarre Quilter said...

Ohhh, what a beautiful quilt. I can't wait to see pics of the "family".

I am so glad you are starting another challenge. Just because you have a baby does not stop you from being a QUILTer!!!

Loz in Oz
xxx

Passionate Quilter said...

:) glad you like it! It was fun to dig through my 30's as well to find kitties.