Monday, November 10, 2008

colorful...

Wanda's post made me think of these two quilts from this weekends quilt show...

DSC05692.JPG

DSC05691.JPG

The same fabrics (mostly) in a different arrangement... (All of the fabrics are the same - a stripe, the piecing kept them on the horizontal, just different colorways.)

While I am very comfy with rainbow quilts & have actually made a few, right now I am so digging monochromatic!

Take a look at my rainbow log cabin:
DSC01387 This quilt went together too easily... I cut all of the strips, sewed the 2 patches together, took the whole kitten caboodle to work, pinned the next log to the 2 patch, trimmed it with the "work scissors", took them home, sewed them together, pressed them & repeated until my blocks were done. I think I had this pieced top done in a week!

& a couple of those monochromatic quilts...
Violet Crumble front
zipper front

I am only mentioning these now, because I was able to cull purple & green rather easily since I had these two quilts completed...

Now that I have cut for the red on white & red quilt, quite a few of those reds were easy to cull as well.

But I am pondering the other red quilt - do I "need/want" 2 red quilts?

4 comments:

Exuberant Color said...

One can never have too many red quilts! I love your rainbow log cabin. And I need to do the pattern of your purple one.

mamaspark said...

I love the rainbow quilt and the purple one, but especially the rainbow one. You must be nesting!

Catherine said...

Now that I've become a fan of red (totally unexpected!!), I'd say for sure you need more than one red quilt!
I love the purple one! Gorgeous!!

jacquie said...

all beautiful quilts! i especially love that zipper quilt!