Friday, November 07, 2008

baby

Thanks for all of the advice, rest assured that I am getting a lot of rest. (I was asleep before 9 last night.) After work (which is a desk job & not terribly taxing) I did a grand total of just about nothing. (I heated up some soup for dinner & fed some starving kitties.)

I plan on working up to the delivery, so that I can take more time after the baby arrives. The only possible obstacle in my way at this point is the belly meeting the steering wheel...

One good thing about having a date is that we can once again look into baby names. The baby will be named using the initials of my husband's father who passed away several years ago. Which is quite limiting... So we will probably also name the baby after one of the people mentioned in the weekly reading of the Torah. The week that includes December 1 begins with Jacob's Ladder (Why didn't I make one of those quilts for my baby?), also during that reading, Jacob marries and has several children, so there are a lot of names to consider.

BTW When you use this logic for baby naming, you get a lot less guilt over not choosing X, Y, or Z instead... I'm just saying...

12 comments:

Ruth's Place said...

Are you still driving! My belly wouldn't fit behind the steering wheel from 5 months on - but I was ALL belly.

I can see the logic of the baby naming system you've got going there!

Libby said...

I don't envy you the baby name selection process. Hubby and I never did agree on a boy's name. Good thing we had The Princess or she (he) might still not have a name.

Passionate Quilter said...

I agree with Libby--we never did find a boy name we agreed on! And then we had a name picked out for months and changed our minds the last day! LOL You'll get it figured out..you have to! I'm anxious to see what you come up with for your red/red quilt!

Greenmare said...

oh man belly and steering wheel issues! I remember that! actually the worst time was when a waitress showed me and a friend to a booth and my belly did not fit and we had to ask for a table! I was only about 7 months along too! however please bear in mind my smallest baby was 10 lbs so I did have an excuse!!!

Jules said...

Baby naming, not something I am very good at.

The Calico Quilter said...

But maybe when you see the baby for the first time, the right name will become obvious --- which, considering some of the baby names I have heard recently, makes you wonder in many cases if it was the painkillers talking! (I don't remember Jacob having any children named "Apple" or the like, so I guess we can expect your little one to have a rather traditional name!)

Chocolate Cat said...

We changed our names more than once!! I think the process you're going to use will at least help give you direction!!

cindyquiltsOR said...

Golly and gosh! I called my oldest g'daughter "Emma" until she was born, and then her mother named her Brittany.

Fast forward MANY years. Brittany had a baby 11-21-07. A baby girl as chances would be. And she named her "Emma", called me and said: I have your Emma!

Side note: do we get another pic of you before baby arrives?

Susan said...

How exciting, December 1st! Looking forward to the name decision, take care of yourself, and don't you have time to whip up a Jacob's Ladder baby quilt?

simplicitybegins said...

We couldn't decide; it was to be Michael or David if it was a boy. After he arrived, my husband decided he "looked like a David." So David he is.

Karen Dianne Lee said...

I'm just sayin'... I like what you're sayin'!!! You're so cute. :)

I did want to mention on very important item. It seems like just yesterday we heard the "I'm pregnant" news. This whole baby thing goes by so fast, Amy!

Swiftly and With Love, *karendianne.

Rian said...

Back in "my day" you couldn't drive for like the last month or maybe more. Good luck with naming the baby. I kinda like Jacob.