Monday, November 24, 2008

Baby Update & another quilty baby gifty

I wasn't going to open this one either, but when you open one - you can't stop - kinda like potato chips - or french fries in my case - because that is the food du jour for my baby...

DSC05739.JPG
Isn't it cute - some of those go with fabrics are absolutely terrific!
Here are a couple close-ups:
DSC05740.JPG From the front...
DSC05741.JPG From the back...

Have you see those kitties on t-shirts - I have, so much fun.

BettyJ in OK (no blog) sent this gift for the babe & I kept it upopened for a very long time... Restraint - something I am not normally know for...

The baby is still in a breech position, so as of right now we are still on for Wednesday. I got to see the baby breathing - that was fun... & I got to see the feet that were kicking up a storm yesterday while I was trying to read the pregnancy books that I had so far ignored... (I figured that the doctor was monitoring all of the stuff inside, but that I might want to read up on what to do when I have the baby...)

The doctor will check one more time before we go into the operating room to make sure nothing has changed. He said that he did not want to get in there & find the head in my pelvis asking himself, "What am I doing in here?" This baby hasn't moved that much yet, so I am not holding my breath...

9 comments:

Mary said...

Loved your remark about reading up on what to do with a baby. My new born advice is.....when they cry pick them up. If that works great, if not change their diaper. If that works great, if not feed them. Then over the next 18 to 22 years spend all your time and energy on them, but don't hesitate to invoke rules and regulations. My favorite line was.. It was on the contract I signed in the delivery room, right after the c-section. Good luck and can't wait to meet the kitten.

Mary said...

Loved your remark about reading up on what to do with a baby. My new born advice is.....when they cry pick them up. If that works great, if not change their diaper. If that works great, if not feed them. Then over the next 18 to 22 years spend all your time and energy on them, but don't hesitate to invoke rules and regulations. My favorite line was.. It was on the contract I signed in the delivery room, right after the c-section. Good luck and can't wait to meet the kitten.

em's scrapbag said...

Oooo You are getting so close. Good luck with figuring out babies. I found just as I had them figured out they entered a new stage. Most of mine are teenagers. Don't think I'll ever figure them out.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Biggest thing to know is you need to LOVE them... you may not "like" them at times and there will be situations when you don't "like" what they're doing, but just LOVE them always... and know that there will always be some doubt about your decisions (you wouldn't be human without those doubts).

Karen Dianne Lee said...

I'm cracking up. Again... Yes, good bet the dr. is handling what's happening on the inside so you might as well read up on what to do when the baby is delivered.

I love your style!

Greenmare said...

tooooooo cute! I'm praying for you two kitties

Rhonda said...

Any time now.....I know you're excited. My daughter-in-law is going to have her baby tomorrow. They are inducing labor so Angie is happy yet anxious....first baby and all. Hubby is just happy and supportive. You take care.

Betty J in OKC said...

I'm thrilled that you finally opened the quilt I made and you *like* it. :) May you be blessed with an easy and safe delivery. You and the furless kitten are in my prayers.

Bonnie said...

I'm so excited for you Amy!! My thoughts are with you and your little family this Thanksgiving/Holiday season! Welcome to the new little one!

Bonnie