Monday, November 17, 2008

9 days & counting


DSC05722.JPG
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

My big fluffy girl... (Who is in reality only 7 lbs. & has short fur.)
She must be the reason why I love Taupes so much....

I cut some of my taupe scraps yesterday for the snow ball quilt! YAY!
I also gave away 2 bags full of my culled fabrics & I did not feel one bit of remorse about it. :o)

Also on tap yesterday... I had breakfast with a friend who I don't see near enough...

I met with the Birth companion - just in case... & She may be of some assistance post partum & sounds like a good person to have with my during a c-section, but only one person can be in the operating room with me & that has to be my husband - although the borth companion explaining what is going on instead of my husband asking questions & "being funny" sounds better...

& my father was in town for a brief visit, so I stopped in for a few hours to show off the bump. :o)

Saturday was a blur too - All I remember is going to a big box lumber yard to get drawer pulls for the kitchen cabinets that are being delivered today. - 44 pulls, any guesses on the cost? I was shocked...

We also went to a big box bookstore & got more books for the baby & some planners - so that I can track "output."

Barring any turning (The head is still in my rib cage) we are "on" for November 26, 2008. Which by the way moves us up one Torah Portion for the baby names. Now I get to study about Esau giving away his birth right for a pot of lentils...

15 comments:

Suzan said...

Regarding Esau - he was HUNGRY!

Libby said...

Wow - 9 days! I'm getting so excited for you *s*
*ugh* drawer pulls, I can imagine what they cost. We replaced all the interior and exterior door knobs and hinges a few years back. That little project was something on par with the national debt . . . and I picked a style with a reasonable cost.

Morah said...

Great birthday! It is my sisters!!! I'm so excited for you!!!

Kay said...

Well, if your bump had a twin, the Esau story might be a bad omen, but as it is, you're good! Very exciting to know the exact date.

Rian said...

Just stopping by to check in on you--9 days, how exciting! (But I hope she turns for you.)

sewprimitive karen said...

9 days, how do you feel! Such happy days to come, Amy!

Catherine said...

You must be getting SO excited! Nine days isn't very far off at all!
I wouldn't even want to guess at the cost of the drawer pulls. We replaced a *few* door knobs a copule of years ago and I was in shock at the price!

Kathie said...

amazing its only 9 days away
this went fast , I know for me not for you , right?
Kathie

Dianne said...

Hooray, only 9 more days, Amy! Can't wait to meet the new little one...you have primed DH to post a pic, haven't you?!

Miri said...

9 days! How exciting!

Rhonda said...

Good for you! Only 9 more days. My daughter-in-law is due by Thanksgiving....Armando's only concern was if he would be able to eat Thanksgiving dinner at my house....."men"...both Angie and I hit him over the head......LOL....Blessings and joy to you. Take care.

The Calico Quilter said...

Nine days - wow!

I'm not sure I could bring myself to cut into the taupes. They're all so gorgeous.

Re: cabinet knobs. When we renovated the kitchen, I could have bought several more cabinets for the cost of the knobs - and I picked economical ones. Why do they cost so much?

Karen Dianne Lee said...

Oh, oh, oh, oh. I'm so excited now. We're in the single digit range.

jacquie said...

you must be getting so excited! i know at this point i just wanted to get him out!

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

I don't seem to get around to comment much anymore so just stopping by to send good wishes your way. My "babies" are 30 and 27 now and it seems like just yesterday they were born. Now I get to cuddle with my grandson who I adore. Good luck!