Wednesday, October 15, 2008

weather... (& other stuff including quilts & cats)

blooming 9-patch quilt This is the quilt that I bound & installed onto my bed. It is so cozy - from the flannel back & wool batting. :o)

DSC05544.JPG This is the still almost done binding...

Tonight we tour the maternity wing, tomorrow is our last childbirth class & Friday is our Lamaze class, so I don't have super high hopes for this being finished or anything else being worked on anytime soon.

Weather
I guess this is Indian Summer & if it gets as cold as the Farmer's Almanac predicts, I'll be wishing for 80's come December/January/February - especially as I take the kitten to well baby visits... BUT I am not happy with temps. in the 80's. There I said it... I have a pet peeve about weather complaints, but I am apparently jumping on that bandwagon!

It is fall, I should not be wearing sun dresses...

It is fall, I should be wearing a sweater...
Like this little man who has started to inhabit his Kitty Pi again:
My kitty pi!

It is fall, I should be eating apples & apple goodies - but alas, I am rationed to two apples a day, one with lunch & one with dinner & those are the small ones & that is all the "sugar" I am allowed on my diet. (I will cheat this weekend though...)

Luckily on Friday, we are expecting a 20 degree drop in temperature...

Back story - I grew up mostly in central Texas where Fall was just a group of months... Now that I live in Maryland, the leaves actually change colors. We are not having so much of a change this year. (I hear that global warming is to blame.)

Almost Funny political story without a bias
My husband & I live in Maryland. My husband works in Washington DC. Therefore he is eligible to use an absentee vote. He has already voted... (That whole concept cracks me up...) I will hopefully get bumped to the front of the voting line in 3 weeks - Can you believe the election is only 3 weeks away? - since my belly will be HUGE by then. (It appears to be huge already - but the measurements are o.k.)

More Baby News
Yesterday, I thought the baby was going to kick through my stomach! Although it wasn't a kick perse, it was more of a stretch. I had to push that foot back in...

This morning as my husband was taking his shower, I remained in bed with the cats - Rhapsody likes the highest perch - so she laid on top of my baby. Since this was before breakfast, she got kicked a lot!

That covers everything on my mind right now...

9 comments:

Libby said...

Sometimes there's nothing to be done but complain about the weather. We can fix it, so what else is there *s*

Exuberant Color said...

I like your new bed quilt. Every time I see that pattern made up I want to make another one. The taupe one is a beauty too. you are really in a finishing mode.

paula, the quilter said...

I really like both quilts equally. Of course, I've never met a quilt I didn't like. My DS used to sleep with his butt in the air as a baby, even when I was preggers. I was always patting his bottom back into place. *smile*

Catherine said...

Both those quilts are gorgeous. Love them!
I love it when we get weather like this in the fall as it will be at least May before it's this warm again. I'll take as many days of this as I can get!

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

Yes, fall is a beautiful time of year, when you don't live in Tx. I lived in Houston for 11 years before Kentucky,not a lot of rust and gold seen, except on cars.

crosspatch said...

Seven Springs, I live over in Virginia,in the country, the Blue Ridge Mountains are the view from my front porch. Just fantastic this time of year. I had to comment after seeing your Bloomig 9-patch. I am just starting one in shades of maroom. Big flower prints that will completely dissapear. That is what I should be doing right now, cutting strips but I love quilters blogs. PK

BUMBLE BEANS said...

Another beauty of a quilt! the top one! very nice... I still love the unfinished bias quilt... I'm love'n the warm weather though... I'm from MN, go figure! I hate winter!!!

Miri said...

Both quilts are just wonderful.

cindyquiltsOR said...

The warmth of cat on top might be why kitten was kicking. My babies loved the heat of dad's hand over my tummy.

As for the quilts ... I just love the second one. It reminds me of argyle socks! And I am passionate about argyle socks, goofy, huh?