Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Special Request


DSC05578.JPG
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

I had a special request for an awake picture of one of the kitties. Here is Rhapsody on my "holiday decoration" aka Halloween Quilt. I was so happy to get this photo, you see it is a bit difficult to get the blue eyes to look blue instead of the Evil red eyes....

Nothing quilty going on today, although after I run an errand or two, I hope to work on the yellow quilt.

I have also kind of gotten back into doing a bit of hand work before bed, in that vein, I did some binding work last night. :o)

Did I tell you guys about my bre@st-feeding class? It was very interesting, but I fear that I have already forgotten more than I learned...
I'll have to review the brochures & be demanding about the assistance that should be available in the hospital. (At least I got a note for the nurses, so that they do not introduce any bottles...)

4 comments:

Not Lucy said...

The most important things about breast-feeding is perseverance and relaxing! Those don't necessarily go hand in hand but both are very important. I think most hospitals today have very helpful nurses and lactation consultants available for new moms. You should also have the names of one or two La Leche League leaders in your area that you can call if you have problems in those first few weeks. Most babies know what to do but not all. Make sure your pediatrician checks for anything that might cause problems. My daughter's first baby was 'tongue-tied' and it wasn't discovered for two weeks which caused much stress and pain but was fixed with a quick snip.

Karen Dianne Lee said...

I love Rhapsody! ;)

Catherine said...

Rhapsody is wonderful! I love the markings!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful cat... my MIL had a siamese but he was much darker and not nearly so pretty.... great photo!!