Tuesday, October 21, 2008

No time like the present - aka Baby Love

On Sunday, my mini-group (there are 14 of us including me) threw me a baby shower.
This is the group quilt:

Gift Quilt for my Baby (No cats or kittens on this ABC quilt... They must be protecting my baby from my obsession. I've been pretty good about not haveing a lot of cat stuff for the baby.)
& a couple close-ups:
close up of the gift quilt for my baby A is for Aries (the sign of the conception...) B is for balloons, C is for cow, D is for dog, E is for elephant, F is for fish, G is for giraffe...
close up of the gift quilt for my baby S is for sheep, t is for teddy bear, U is for unicorn, x is for xylophone, y is for yo-yos. The friendship stars are in the corners - since the alphabet only has 26 letters.
The backing fabric:
Back of the gift quilt for my baby
& the lable:
DSC05626.JPG

Oh & the proud parents receiving the quilt:
2008_1019 Amy and Mike with baby quilt (I have a knack for looking goofy in most photos...) Yes, I am "that" pregnant!

In addition to the quilt, we got a lot of gender neutral (yellows, oranges, & greens) onsies, socks, mittens, sleepers, etc. a boppy, a bath mat, a teddy bear, some food related items (a bowl that has a gyroscope to keep the food from flying) a fancy brand name basket "piggy bank" & some other stuff that I can't remember off hand right now...

After the party, we went over to a girl friends house - she serged a ton of flannel into receiving blankets & is going to embroider on a few more - since they were solid.

Hubby is going to have a fun time washing all of this stuff - before the baby even gets a chance to make it dirty. :o)

15 comments:

Julie said...

What a WONDERFUL quilt... and you and DH look happy and excited in your photo.

em's scrapbag said...

You look beautiful. What a great quilt with so many memories of the wonderful ladies that made it. Way to prepare DH let him get good at doing the wash he is about to get a bunch of it.

Suzan said...

What a beautiful gift!

Vicki W said...

What a great quilt! Did they also give you babysitting coupons?

miniaturequilter said...

Very nice quilt, and you look beautiful and happy! What a wonderful group of ladies!!

mamaspark said...

I cant believe that "C" did not stand for CAT!! How did they miss that one??

Ruth's Place said...

You look great!!

The quilt is stunning. My husband had fun washing all of our baby stuff beforehand too.

Catherine said...

What a fabulous quilt -- great gift!

Miri said...

What a great baby quilt...you both look like you were having a good time.BTW you were totally right about the recipe exchange-smart girl :)

Libby said...

What a special quilt . . . and I love that the Dads get to be part of all the fun nowadays *s*

Tanya said...

How nice to see a picture of your and your hubby together. I don't think I've ever seen him featured on your blog! Yes, you are very pregnant!

cindyquiltsOR said...

Sweetie ... you are VERY pregnant when you belly button turns wrong side out and looks like a turkey tender timer popped out!

You look so very happy with the beautiful quilt. Friends are wonderful ...

amandajean said...

what a great gift!!!

The Calico Quilter said...

You have some very caring and talented friends. The quilt is lovely. Best wishes!

Jeanne said...

What a special happy quilt!
You both look so happy :) Your baby bump is wonderful!!!!!
Jeanne