Friday, October 24, 2008

Bunch of stuff

A. I had to halve the shipwreck stew recipe for my crock pot - too bad I did not know that before browning all of that meat, chopping all of those potatoes & carrots, and dumping a bag of green beans in to the pot. I hope that my halves are proportionate in stuff... Luckily while the cans were all open, I was able to dump one into the pot & the other into the bowl for cooking session number 2.

B. I am in the mood to cull some more from my stash.... Starting with a bag of pinks that are headed to Canada. Here is how I used the pinks:
DSC05499.JPG

Don't feel bad for me, while I was pulling these pinks, I saw not 1, not 2, but 3 pink based UFO's - without looking at the pink & brown CW roll of fat quarters Or the taupe pinks...
(Orange & hot pink/fuscia 9-patch, and 2 that use a cat panel - by a designer that I like but can not spell the name - not even close enough to get a link - Lorelei?)

Hence the culling feeling that is coming on...

C. Apparently, I may be back to hand work... So I am showing my UFO for Karen:
Ping quilt
4 pings
Usually I say, "Why did I set that aside?" This one I know... When I wen tto Houston last year, I got a seat cushion sewing caddy... I loaded it up so that I would be ready to take it... This is loaded in it & I have barely taken it anywhere...

12 comments:

Catherine said...

That looks like raspberries and chocolates to me. Gorgeous!

Karen Dianne Lee said...

I love the pinks and boy oh boy what you're working on there, that hand piecing - you SHOULD get back to that. What are we waiting for? What on EARTH are we waiting for? Oh lordy bee!!! So, so neat, Amy

jacquie said...

that pink and brown...i adore that color combo...fab!!! i hope all those blogs are working today...very frustrating yesterday.

Kathie said...

love that pink quilt
its one of those that just make you smile when you look at it.
OH yes I admit I have that bom too from pinwheels
someday I will make it too :)
Kathie

martha said...

Ah Ping! My piecing is done. Now I need to get to work on the quilting.

BUMBLE BEANS said...

Wow! What a beauty that pink one is!

Ruth's Place said...

Gorgeous pink quilt!!

I LOVE your new/old handwork project. You are such a temptress....

Becky said...

OH! This pattern would be awesome done in old ties! I may start going to yard sales just to buy old ties to try this.
Becky in SC

Sheri said...

Love the pink quilt.
Sheri

Bizarre Quilter said...

OHHH!!!! I love the pink quilt. Is is your own pattern? I want to make it. Where can I get the design??? Oh pleeease..

BTW, also love the blocks you pictured.

Well, it's no wonder I have lots of quilts, I just love 'em!!!

Tanya said...

Such beautiful stars! I wonder when you'll be able to get back to this... With a baby at hand maybe not for awhile?

Miri said...

I love the pink quilt-just beautiful.