I did not go to the Harrisburg, Pa. quilt show.
I did not go to the Md. State fair.
I did not bug my father, who lives in Houston, & is probably being affected by the weather. (I know that was a crappy sentence - no I do not have another father who lives somewhere else...)
BTW If you have seen the guy on youtube who was praying for rain - KARMA! If you haven't sorry I don't have a link... & it was rather political in a not nice way...
I did pick up my CSA - same stuff different week.
I did bake 4 loaves of zucchini bread. (I may get tired of that...)
I did go into work for a few hours - so that today would not be super hectic.
I did go to a minor league baseball game - for a while.
I did pick up provisions at a big box store that shall remain nameless.
I did not trim scraps - for the very long term postage stamp quilt or for the Chinese Coins quilt.
I did cut strips for the blue & yellow log cabin - twice.
I did finish piecing the blue & yellow log cabin.
I did baste the blue & yellow log cabin.
I did get a lot of help from my big kitty helper.
I did not BBQ.
I did layout the RR X-ing rows & fixed an oops.
I did not cut the setting triangles for the RR X-ing quilt.
I did take some photographic evidence...
RB the helper:
Rhapsody, "You didn't want me to actually 'help' you?"
"I'll just wait to sit on your lap."
The Blue & Yellow log cabin top. I was going to use a different fabric for the border - yellow stars instead of the light blue stars - but it looked super blotchy. I was also going to add a narrow inner border of yellow - but I like how the final blue row in the log cabin blocks make a scrappy inner border... I am using yellow for the binding. This quilt came completely out of my stash. However, this is not one of those "stash quilts" where I purchased the fabric for "X" quilt, but did not get around to piecing it until way later... I am very guilty of that. My general idea of a "stash" quilt means that I did not buy a kit or run to the store that week to get the fabrics for this quilt.
Here is RB under that quilt after I basted it. (Since Tanya & Cathi have been showing the opposite scene - cat weight on top of the quilt.)
& the RR X-ing quilt:
The oops in the middle on the bottom has been fixed. Good thing I decided to lay this out yesterday...