Monday, September 08, 2008

to kick or not to kick & some other thoughts

O.k. so the kitten is kicking - right now. I am so not sure how I "feel" about it.
I mean I am in awe still over the fact that there is a life growing inside of me & all of that (I mean I did spend mucho dinero to get into this predicament after having tried for far too long...), but when the kicking starts, I pull up my shirt so I can "see" it happen - then nothing. Ditto if I put my hand there to fell it... I'm working on having a stubborn baby just like mama, just like papa. YAY. I can see this one playing out...

What happens when the rule breaker breaks the rules? (I am usually the rule breaker - not sure why, but...)

Why do I feel one way when people agree with me, but completely the opposite when they don't? Me the one who honestly feels that we are all entitled to our choices whether they are my choices or not - insert 99.9% of hot button topics & that is my POV - until you try to legislate your idea onto me...

Is it Fall yet? I got a lovely e-mail today with the teasing quip - the temp. is just under 60F. AHHHH

I love Fall & Winter & Spring - pretty much any weather when it is o.k. to have hot soup & to curl up into a quilt. Summer - for a red head - not so much... Heat that drives you into the AC - not so much... Heat that makes your heat seeking cats seem too hot - not so much... Lucky for them we are able to live a fairly climate controlled life.

Anyone still wondering how I got past 1,000 posts? (This is number 4 for today. Oh & in the begining of blogging, I did a lot of MEME's and other blog fluff stuff.)

I should be quilting, but I will go back to work. (I don't take a lunch perse - the baby won't let me eat that much, so I nibble throughout the day - working in between. I am at least a week ahead of my supervisor - so we are "good." When it is the other way, I'll start to worry more about my nibbling...)

8 comments:

Mama Koch said...

A little red-headed offspring with a mind of their own...yep, I can see that right now. You can handle it.
I always felt sorry for my boys...they could never get into as much trouble as I got away with.

dee said...

About the PBS special programming. I always feel that it's like being punished for being a member. We who give money loose our programs for the length of the membership drives and instead of those programs that made us give the money we get days worth of stuff I'm rarely interested in. Gives rise to the quote "no good deed goes unpunished"

Vicki W said...

That baby is practicing to be a teenager already!

Margaret aka Supermom said...

Ahh...wait another 1-2 months when there is not so much room for kicking, but nobody tells bambino this (ouch go the ribs and other organs!). Being pregnant is not for the faint-hearted

Greenmare said...

the kicking is just awesome! even when it gets strong enough to bounce stuff off your belly! With our first one I woke up one night at about 8 months along and could feel an actual foot sticking in my side! Of course I woke my husband up so he could feel it too, and he said.
Yeah, its a foot. and went back to sleep. ;-)

Jeanne said...

Yes, just wait till November or so, and then you'll know what kicking is all about!! Like to the point where you can't catch your breath. Seriously, though, isn't it the most amazing thing to be part of?!

Jeanne :)

cindyquiltsOR said...

Baby will like heat, most likely. Lay on your side with Daddy's hand on your tummy. Kitten will scoooooot under.

My oldest boy knocked the piece of cartilage off my breast bone just before delivery. He had run out of space and kicked ... (not painful, just weird)

Michael5000 said...

From the title, I thought this was going to be about football tactics. Now I feel all shallow.