Monday, September 08, 2008

September is quilt month

Mr. Monkeysuit blogged about quilt books recently. So I will sorta follow suit.

Books, that I could not live without:
When I started quilting I would have said the 3 books by Ursula Reikes.
Not too long afterwards - the cat book(s) by Janet Kime.
The triangle based books by Sara Nephew is probably still on my list.

I went through the Nickel Quilts phase (Author Pat Speth).
I went through the Baltimore Album Phase - mostly Mimi Dietrich, with a healthy does of Elly "I have no idea how to spell her last name."

I really like both of the books that I have by Weeks Ringle & Bill Kerr.
I am completly entranced by Denise Schmidt - but intimidated by her method; hence the enlarged patterns & bundles of fabric waiting to become quilt tops.

I have many other quilt books & fairly regularly look through many of them "again."

What quilt books can you not live without?

2 comments:

Exuberant Color said...

My Kaffe Fassett books and the Valorie Wells books (for the photos more than the quilts).

WinterStar said...

mmmh, I think I can't live without my three Jinny Beyer's book: Quilting By Hand, Patchwork Patterns and The Quilter's Book of Blocks and Borders... nor without Sally Pederson's Reversible Quilts... I love them all!!!