Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Roasted Garlic & Spinach soup (Soup Swap - day late & dollar short)

Turkey Cookies (new to me blog) sponsored a soup recipe swap. I am joining in albeit a bit late... (The link links you to the Mr. Linky post.)

Roast 3-4 bulbs of garlic. (Trim the tops off fo the garlic drizzle the cut ends with olive oil wrap the whole bunch in foil bake 450 for 30-40 minutes.)
Start a pot of stock - any kind, vegeterian & chicken work well. Homemade or boxed work well (I have not tried beef or canned)
Add the roasted garlic by squeezing it out of the papery shells - after it has cooled a bit.
Stir, add seasoning to suit your taste - I always add freshly cracked black pepper.
Once the soup is hot & the flavors have blended nicely, add the spinach (I use enough for the number of servings I need - about 1 handful per person) stir until wilted, serve immediately.

I find that this is fine for leftovers if the spinach is not left in the soup - hence the "use enough for the number of servings" note.

A little grating of parmesan cheese is nice (not the pre-grated stuff though...)

3 comments:

Libby said...

*yummy* I'll have to tuck that one away for future reference.

julieQ said...

Yum is right! Sounds good.

Jessica said...

Oh this looks yummy. I'm a huge fan of spinach and ended up with bunches of it from the neighbor's garden this summer. Thanks so much for joining in on the Swap! Come again next time!!