Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Quilt that is not really worth mentioning & a whole lotta baby talk

Last night I finished (I hope/think) the "part A" sewing on the faux log cabin. Now I can work on piecing a back without guilt.

OB Appt went well. I am borderline diabetic. So today I am going to a nutritionist to get my diet in shape... (Low carb, but not extreme like Adkins or South Beach.) As of today, I am officially at the 30 week mark. Yes, I am experienceing "fake contractions." I hope to avoid the leakage until they are at least in use...

I have my next 5 OB Appts. lined up, so that I will see each of the Doctor's in the practice & avoid the whole "Who are you?" scenario in the delivery room. Oh yeah, I am up to every two weeks for my appointments...

At 32 weeks we are going to get another sneak peak of the baby. I still do not want to know the gender, but I want to see what they see when they can tell the gender so I can guess... Ever since the 20 week when my husband got cryptic information, I have thought about wanting to know... Still this will probably be my only parlay into Motherhood & I want to be suprised... After all of that work in labor & delivery - I deserve a suprise & I don't just mean one of those Shoes! (Big hint for the husband that lurks on the blog...)

6 comments:

Victoria said...

what an exciting time for you. I can't even imagine! I'm excited for you! I had my daughters rooms made & decorated long before we ever had a referral for our adoption... Well, let see, I even had our cabin decorated before we ever closed on it too... hmmmm, that probably says a lot about me! Take it easy mommy to be!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Hi, don't stress too much if you work out the gender from everyone around you- as someone who worked out/found out mine I can only say that it makes not the slightest difference to your sense of wonder and amazement at the birth...you are so surprised that you actually did it that gender is the least of your worries!!!
Do you need any more eyespy squares, we could be enlisted to create a work of international cooperation, (I'll provide the acorn lol!!!)
Tracey

Dionne said...

Congratulations! I didn't even know you were expecting!! What an exciting time. Everything goes so fast now... it seems like only yesterday that my first was a toddler and now she is in Jr. High! Just take your time and enjoy the whole experience. I was surprised for two out of three of my little ones and it made the whole experience that much more fun. I was sure my first would be a boy up until the Dr said I was wrong.. and even then I questioned him! :-)
Cheers,
Dionne

Libby said...

Of course back in the day(waiting for The Princess) the only sure thing to rely on was dangling your wedding ring on a string over your big belly to determine gender. It really was a moment when the doctor was saying, 'it's a . . . it's a . . . . it's a . . . . . girl!' I can't say how happy I am that you've chosen not to find out. Hang in there . . . you'll know before you know it *s*

Ravenhill said...

How very extremely exciting that you are going to peek at the baby!!! Great that your body is starting to prepare itself with the fake contractions. I am sorry to hear that you have had to alter your diet. I have for years and feel so much better, have more energy and enjoy my life more! I don't miss sugary sweets much at all. I hope it will be an easy transition for you.
~Emily in Norway

Bizarre Quilter said...

Like you, when I have a baby i will want the gender to be a surprise (notice I didn't say I wanted the sex to be a surprise? That's supposed to happen before a baby. Damn right! My reward for going through birth!

In the meantime, I love red for babies, and it suits both genders. :)