Friday, September 26, 2008

An oldie but a goodie


Violet Crumble front
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

Too bad this quilt isn't blue, that would fit my mood a bit more...

Not sure why or how, but yesterday by the time I was leaving work, all I wanted to do was to crawl in bed - maybe I can blame the rain? Today is no different... Last night was a taxing childbirth class - it focused on the exact opposite of my birth plan & yet it resonated in a "I must be prepared for that to be the outcome." way as well... (Healthy Baby, Healthy Baby, Healthy Baby)

Since that is my new mantra, that is how I am surviving the new diet. Day two & those are my feelings - this is going to be a long haul...

Back to the quilt, I chose it because it is one of the most popular on flickr. It is pretty close to 2 years old & it is the quilt that I am currently using on my bed. (That was coincidence - I was making my choice based upon flickr popularity.) This is the kind of quilt that i really enjoy making - use every purple (insert color) and go for it! Some low contrast, some high contrast, some dark, some light, some "does that go?" With the purple color - some reddish purple, some blueish purple!

Since i had already made this quilt, I had no problem culling purples from my stash - I still have some, but not near as much. (I like all colors.)

Bonnie was chatting about borders for the last couple of posts (sorry no links - blogging from flickr) This is my go to border (Besides using a novelty print) is is usually called piano key. I used the same fabric for the narrow inner and the outer border - to "hold in" the piano keys - & to make it easier for the long armer... :o)

Does any one else do monochromatic quilts?
FYI Violet Crumble is a candy bar from "Down Under" that is not on my diet even if I could get one... (I prefer the Mint Areo bars anyway...)

Please tell me that it is 3, so I can go home & hibernate all weekend long...

11 comments:

Catherine said...

Gorgeous quilt! I love the purples!

Gail said...

I do love this quilt, and I do love purples, so I guess I 'love this one to the second power'

Karen Dianne Lee said...

I love the purples and girl, I'm sending strong healthy love your way to get through the day.

The birth plan is still a go, we contemplate nothing else!

Victoria said...

If the diet plan is a huge change for you, your body will react to it emotionally and or otherwise... Being pregnant your emotions should be flying! Wrap up in that beautiful quilt and feel the internet support vibes!!
;-)

Teresa said...

Its 3:00 (somewhere) - go home and get some rest!

Hedgehog said...

Hope 3 o'clock come quickly. I have a monochromatic purple quilt that I posted not too long ago. Haven't done much monochromatic work lately, but am a big fan.

Dorothy said...

The blues may well be a response to your drop in carbs - carbohydrates metabolism creates a seratonin boost in the brain. Carbohydrate=serotonin=happy, ie, less carbo = less sero = less happy. You'll level out soon.

The thing about hearing the exact opposite of your birth plan is that it is just that, a PLAN. Baby don't care about no stinkin' plan, (s)he's workin on his (her) terms, not yours, and knowing what *could* happens is always better than not knowing.

Take your nap, curl up on the couch with a mug of tea and a cat, watch "City of Angels" or "Chocolat" and don't let anyone tell you you're doing anything less than perfect.

Bizarre Quilter said...

I love making quilts with one colour. know why? how can green clash with green? I know, if you just choose 2, they can be wrong together, but when you put a whole lot together, they look fabulous!

I am catching up on your blog. Can you tell?

I hope you don't feel neglected.

I think Dorothy is right. After 3 days on the new diet you will feel good. This is for you and your baby!!

Mary said...

It's nice to have a plan but not worth getting too upset if things don't go according to it. Both my boys were born by C/section and trust me that wasn't my plan....it really didn't matter at all down the road a bit.

Morah said...

The combo new diet, pregnant, so much to do in your brain, are probably the culprits for your mood. Sometimes giving in to the "I must hibernate feeling" is the best course of action. If that doesn't work, come on over. I'm making brisket for dinner tomorrow, (gotta serve my Aviva a feel good sandwich when she gets here), chicken soup (the girls said it isn't a holiday without the soup so I'm cooking!) , rye bread (it's impossible to find reasonable priced bread here without whey! Ms. Aviva can't eat her brisket sandwich without bread now can she?) and challah...mmmm...with raisins!. You can;t feel blue with the smell of brisket, chicken soup, and challah in the air !I hope that you feel better very quickly. BTW I love your purple quilt. I liked it when I first saw it and still do!

Kay said...

I also love monochromatic quilts and have made one in red, one in blue, one in neutrals. This is lovely; surprises me because I don't ordinarily like purple so much.

I hope your mood is improved by now; it is the pregnancy and the diet. Hang in there.