Thursday, September 18, 2008

maybe...

I was thinking recently... & I may have made this comment on a blog. (I did & now I remember which one...) In a previous life I must have been a typesetter. You see I love letters. The quilt yesterday was the Hebrew Alphabet - Aleph Bet. So it basically said, A, B, C, D, E, F, G - more to the point Aleph, Bet, Vet, Gimel, Dalet, Hey...
I am also in love with the letters that are being created on this blog. She had me at "b", the first letter that she did.

Not only do I like appliqued letters & pieced letters (Still need to try my hand at free pieced letters) but I like fabric that has letters on it.

I am sure that there are prints in my stash that are only there because of the letters. I bought 2 alphabet panels - one in pink & one in blue, so that I could use the "appropriate" color for the kitten & cut up the other one for other stuff! (BTW If you see my MIL, please tell her that it really is o.k. that we do not know the sex of the baby & that she can quit asking!)

I also want to do an I Spy based on a word - using the letters & images that correspond to those letters!

I promise a quilt photo in the next post. :o)

3 comments:

paula, the quilter said...

When I worked at a large corporation I DID set type. As a result, I love letters and fonts too. Take to me about picas and points and leading and kerning and I can hold my own.

Libby said...

I'm an alphabet fan, too! Letters, numbers, fun fonts . . . they can just make a girl's day!

Bizarre Quilter said...

Now I understand what the squiggles were.. the alpha bet!!

I love your isotaupe quilt. My friend Andrea made a quilt in a similar design with completely different colours (there is a link to her blog on mine if you fancy a look).