Thursday, September 25, 2008

Life...

We all experience changes in our lives. We have to reign in the budget because the gas prices are on the rise, we move with jobs, we grow old, we get sick, etc.

With all of that for an introduction:
"Hello, my name is Amy & I am a cat-a-holic."
Oh wait a minute - we are talking about change...
"Hello, My name is Amy & I am an egg-a-holic."

My new diet is going to be chock full of egg whites (I am not a yolk fan). FYI 2 egg whites are a single protein serving & I need 10 servings a day (20 egg whites a day)... (Theoretically, I could be doing an ounce of chicken, turkey, or fish or 1/4 cup of non-fat cottage cheese & a few other options - but I think the hard boiled egg whites will be easiest for me...)
The starches are intersting too... Did you know that a 1/2 of an English Muffin is 1 serving. I ahve been having two servings of those since the begining of time...
While the idea of at 5 a.m. eat 1.5 cups on unsweetened dry cereal with 1 cup of skim milk & 1/4 cup of egg beaters every morning sounds rather boring - I would rather have a menu like that instead of all of the options...
1/2 english muffin & 1 oz. low fat cheese at 7:30 - YEE HAW! (That should be cookie time...)

Very little sugar - 2 fruits a day, so my German Iced Gingerbread cookies are verboten. :0(

9 comments:

martha said...

Hang in there You are going to make it!
Man o man that is alot of egg whites.

Libby said...

This, too, shall pass *s*

Karen Dianne Lee said...

Bummer, and I am such a cookie monster, too!

miniaturequilter said...

I don't eat much meat, and during my last pregnancy I had a real adversion to it. The docs were happy if I drank lots of milk,had peanut butter, and I ate eggs for breakfast every morning-anything was better thsn eating red meat!LOL!

Jeanne said...

I'm not big on egg whites, but the english muffin with cheese would be good.
Aaaah, only temporary, and think of how HEALTHY you'll be :)
Jeanne

Margaret aka Supermom said...

how about those protein filled legumes?...I'd be skinny (ha ha) if not for the many types of beans I love to eat. I also found slimfast.
Despite knowing what we should eat, that baby will be just fine. I am not a milk drinker or dairy consumer whatsoever, nor was I good with my calcium chews. All 3 of my kids were very healthy.

Victoria said...

So I guess my yummy peanut butter cookies recipe is a no? Have no fear. Healthy healthy healthy. All for the better good. Supporting you from here!

Bizarre Quilter said...

In about 3 days when you are tired of egg whites you will be glad for that cottage cheese! I really like plain cottage cheese. Actually, it's good mixed with chopped strawberries. I bet you can have as many strawbs as you like as they are extreeemely low in sugar.

Do you like strawberries?

Juliann in WA said...

Happy eating - it was easier for me to make the changes when I knew there was a baby to benefit. What a fun reward you will have.