Friday, September 12, 2008

I've often wondered, but now I know

I often wondered how I would react when someone on my blogroll posted something so politically different from my ideals how I would react. Now I know...

Can I make it to November? Since I am going to boil down to one issue, can I survive past November if the other side "wins?"

Why when I am 28 weeks pregnant am I stuck thinking/reacting to all things political? Am I seeing beyond myself into the future?

Ike Ike go away....

On another serious subject. My father lives outside of Houston & has been told not to evacuate as they are trying to evacuate Galveston... So I am worrying about that too...

Ike you weren't any good for Tina, you aren't any good for my father either...

6 comments:

dee said...

Yes, that is why you are reacting that way. When we went into Iraq my heart sank to my knees because my son and all of his friends who I had known since they were babies faced the possibility of an unknown and horrifying future. You begin to view everything political through your children.

I'm thinking good thoughts and praying for your Dad and other friends who live in the Houston area.

Jules said...

Having been through the last two presidential elections pregnant, I understand what you mean. I was pregnant with our first daughter during the last election, and we knew she was a girl. I think my husband's opinions were affected by the fact that we were having a girl. It was very strange.

Praying for your dad.

mamaspark said...

It is difficult when you learn that someone you "thought" you knew has such different political view points from yours. I work with a lot of people that are so different from me that I have gotten used to this so it is not such an issue. Hope you will continue to be their (my) friend!

I will keep your dad in my prayers.

Jeanne said...

The whole campaign/election thing is making me sad.
Any news from your Dad?
Jeanne

Karen Dianne Lee said...

I don't know if I can make it until Nov. myself! As you well know, I can't take it anymore and I've tuned it all out.

I can't take all the garbage that's coming as us. Uh.

Better go sew...

Quilty Love, *karendianne./ Living Life at LeeHaven

andsewitis Holly said...

How did your dad fare during Ike? Hope he and his are safe.

You know, I have an atypical interest in politics. I am more interested to see what prophetic developments may occur based on who occupies the oval office than on who wins or loses the election. I'm sure I'm at the opposite spectrum from most of my blogging friends but I think you already knew that. Hope you still like me :)

I just noticed your baby calendar at the bottom of your blog page. Eighty days is going to go by so fast. I'm so excited for you.