Tuesday, September 09, 2008

HELP! (Not really)

I almost asked, "Who was having that Halloween swap?" But the reality hit. As in, "You have a long list of to do before Thanksgiving already." But I saw a GREAT doll quilt on flickr & it got my brain muscles churning! While I did not do anything remotely quilty yesterday, I also did not work on anything that was not on the official list! :o)
Halloween Swap info.

BUT I did nearly have a complete & total melt down... I have a MAC with the complete MS Office suite, including Entourage. You may or may not know this but many things on MACs & PCs can be done with a combination of key strokes... if you accidentally click on two magic keys at the same time, you can make your computer do CRAZY stuff like delete you unread Yahoo e-mails before your very eyes leaving you to scream, "NO, STOP, What the F!" It got no better when my husband got home & said, "Did you get my e-mail?" I opened the e-mail & clicked on his message - saw enough to irritate me - he knows exactly how I feel about liscensed products - I don't like them one bit! - then I saw 5 other unread e-mails dissappear! They went to Entourage - dumb luck found them, but perseverance would have won out in the end anyway - I am stubborn! I think I fixed the problem... Kitty girl knew exactly how upset I was & came over to comfort me. AWWWWWW...

4 comments:

martha said...

command z undoes the last action in mac applications-maybe it will work on your entourage too? It does work in word (for mac) as well.

mamaspark said...

If you find out who is having the Halloween swap let me know. I am really interested!

The Quilting Pirate said...

I would love to know who is doing a halloween swap as well...it's my favorite holiday!

The Calico Quilter said...

When I accidentally do one of those magical key combinations and something terrible happens, (and it happens often because I am a terrible typist) the worst thing is I never can figure out what keys I hit, so to try to avoid it in future. There is some key combination on my PC that will erase the whole last paragraph you typed. That one drives me to tears and obscenity.