Thursday, September 04, 2008

Guess what I just did...

Well it actually started at about 5:45 this morning. I packed up the blue & yellow log cabin & my hand sewing box. Yay me - I was prepared!

I just had to do the Gestational Diabetes screening which means that I had to drink "orange" bug juice & then wait an hour before getting stuck with a needle that looked an awful lot like a NAIL!

During the hour wait, I quilted... YES I did! (Now I have to go back to work - I wanna keep quilting...)

Oh these are the "utility" some are small some are big stitches - not those prize winning all of them are the exact same size stitches & straight is the goal, not necessarily the result. :o) I am going down the "middle" of the yellow logs with yellow thread & down the middle of the blue logs with blue thread. I think that I will outline the big stars - not sure though & I have a while before I get there.

Yes, this project is on my finish by Thanksgiving list.

6 comments:

Kay said...

I hope the needle wasn't as bad as it looked!

Catherine said...

Work really does get in the way of quilting sometimes! That needle sounds horrible!

Jules said...

Here's hoping you don't need to do the three hour one. I did bindings when I took my glucose tests.

miniaturequilter said...

Glad you got some quilting done!! Good to plan ahead!

Tanya said...

Good for you for thinking ahead! I wish I could take my quilting with me while I wait. Recently I've got only the big stuff and a hoop so it doesn't get lugged anywhere interesting...

The Calico Quilter said...

Good use of your time! Far better than my Sudoku addiction, which is how I pass the time in waiting rooms.