Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Apple Honey Bundt Cake

Today is the first day of Rosh Hashanah (Jewish New Year) While I can not have my world famous apple cake, please do have a slice for me.

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
3/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
3 apples - peeled, cored and shredded
3/4 cup chopped walnuts

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
Grease and flour a 9 inch Bundt pan.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and oil. Beat
in the eggs until light, then stir in the honey and vanilla.
Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt,
cinnamon and allspice; stir into the batter just until
moistened. Fold in the apples and nuts.
3. Bake for 50 to 65 minutes in the preheated oven, or
until a toothpick inserted into the crown comes out clean.
Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes before inverting onto a plate
and tapping out of the pan.

10 comments:

dee said...

I wish you and your family a blessed holiday Amy. Just think, next time you will have a new little treasure to celebrate with.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Blessings to you and yours ~ thanks for the recipe (sounds WONDERFUL)...

Jeanne said...

Happy New Year/Rosh Hashanah! I made your brisket yesterday and we're looking forward to dinner tonight :)
Just think, next year you'll be celebrating with your whole family! The baby can probably even have a taste of apple cake as long as it doesn't have a walnut.
Thinking of you ~
Jeanne

Libby said...

Hope you have a lovely and special holiday. Your cake recipe sound deelish *s* I'll have it tucked away in my little box for a try something real soon.

Karen Dianne Lee said...

A blessed Rosh Hashanah to you my friend. I can't have any either but it sure reads like its extra yummy!

Thanks for thinking of us. ;)

Kay said...

A happy new year, Amy. This should be a special year for you.

Mama Koch said...

Just reading the ingredients and I can smell it baking!

Happy New Year!

Carin said...

Sounds wonderful!

Chocolate Cat said...

Happy New Year. Thank you for the recipe. A lady I work with is Jewish and is one of the very few in our area. She has taken holidays for the New Year but I think I may make her this cake for her return. She has had a harrowing 12 months.

jovaliquilts said...

It sounds scrumptious! I'll add it to my file. We absolutely love the one we make, but there are times when crowds get big and I want to offer more than one. I love that it has apples in it, too, which I prefer to straight honey cakes.