Tuesday, September 09, 2008

2 things - the second is not for the "dainty" folks...

1. I looked & looked for the Halloween swap... (Can I share my bloglines & have you cross off the ones that you read & look from there? Hopefully that would cut the list down by 1/2. The computer is running so slow that it is timing out when I try to go from blog to blog....)
here it is: Halloween swap.

If you don't like "medical" stuff or the most awful pregnancy symptoms carry on & don't keep reading...

(I am trying to give your eyes enough space to be spared the intimate details...)

I don't know whether to laugh or cry....


2. Yes, ladies & gentlemen I have:

hemorrhoids

If that wasn't bad enough, I shop at CVS & that is where I buy Preparation H. I just got a frequent shopper coupon for Preparation H - YAY ME.

Now for the laugh or cry bit (Those who made it past the last bit may still need to be warned... I am not dainty.)

While attempting to use said product - I could not reach... The baby bump was in the way, the suppository was melting in my hand (I should have been wary when I had a hard time using the medicated wipe...) You can't exactly ask for help with that kind thing... I persevered - I had to otherwise I was going to go crazy from the irritation. - & was finally successful...

Are there any other lovely symptoms for me to look forward too?

12 comments:

Lisa D. said...

Susan at Blackberry Creek is doing a Halloween swap. I am tempted to join, but I'm trying to talk myself out of it.... Sorry about your malady. I was lucky never to have had that particular joy of pregnancy!

martha said...

ahhh poor thing! Don't worry they will go away after the baby!

cindyquiltsOR said...

So ... a comment on the less than dainty part: keep em in the fridge so they melt slower. Easier to handle and will melt quickly with body heat.

Witch hazel ... trying to remember trade name of product. Might be "Tucks" ...

Not Lucy said...

I feel for you - been there, done that, chose not to get the t-shirt for obvious reasons!!!!! They do go away but the also come back on occasion. Sitting in a warm tub feels good!

The Quilting Pirate said...

maybe put the p-H in the frig first to help make it "harder" and maybe it won't melt in your hands?

Hugs.

And thanks for the swap!

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

Well, I never had 'em, but I hear they suck (well, I guess that was a poor choice of word). May you feel better soon. At least you gave us all a laugh. Oh, and thanks for linking my Halloween swap. --Susan

Jules said...

Maybe try Tucks instead of prep-H? On a little pad. A little easier to manage.

Katie said...

Well you asked. The day will come when you can no longer cut your toe nails or do much of anything with your feet. More than anything else I wanted to get to my feet after baby was born. Maybe you will avoid this but I am 5'2" and had 9 pound babes so.. Have you had to elevate the head of your bed so you can keep babe low enough to breath yet? Start doing exercise to put feet up the wall and lift hips at the end. That feels so good to get the pressure off. Drink lots of water, use stool softener -maybe prunes - to avoid as much straining as possible. Yes babe is definitely worth it.

McIrish Annie said...

ahhh the joys of pregnancy! I was blessed with one from my son which now 22 years later occasionally rears its ugly head!

by the end, slip on shoes will be the only way to go since you won't be able to see never mind reach your feet! lol!! Enjoy!

Kim said...

too much iron in the prenatal vitamins causes constipation. Try colace ,stool softeners, eat lots of fruits and veggies too...keeping them in the fridge was a great idea.

K\

dee said...

I agree with Kim. The answer to part of the problem is BIG glasses of water and so much more fruit & veg than you're used to eating. A teaspoon of Fibersure in your tea will get rid of most of that problem within a week. Roger's new cardiac meds are causing him this problem and this was the answer for him.
The best thing you can treat yourself to before the birth is a pedicure. It's an awful feeling not to be able to see, let alone, take care of you tootsies.

Margaret aka Supermom said...

yea, but they leak (oh I meant "sneak") in after delivery :-)