Monday, September 08, 2008

1,001

My last post was my 1,000th! Whoppie! How to celebrate? Do I celebrate? (So many bloggers are celebrating 100 posts... So many have not celebrated anything...) Before I cleaned/straightened (HA HA)/moved things around in the stewdio/baby's room I had something in mind. Now I would have to find it...

Well I will celebrate my award...
Heck, I am celebrating that I could post it ('puter problems)... Thanks OklaCookiemaker. & as my grandmother says, "Skip the recipe, send me the cookies." She used to send out cookies & while watching FoodTV this past weekend, I saw a show with nostalgic recipes & Boy oh Boy did I get a hankering for Raisin Cookies (I have the recipe, but the "add flour until stiff" part has NEVER worked for me.) So I made a spice cake - Thanks Betty - adding water, eggs & oil was all I could muster & you knew it.

I am supposed to nominate others for this award, but I have hundreds of blogs on my bloglines... So you all can consider yourself nominated. :o)

Waxing Political (Not really, just checking to see if you are still awake. I keep that stuff off-blog or in blog comments.) It felt good to type it - but I deleted it. I don't care how you feel about Candidate A, B, or why oh why can't we have a "C." I figure that you are here for the other stuff that I ramble about. And in that spirit my next post will be a Cat covered Quilty one!

Oh & if anyone wants the raisin cookie recipe, let me know - I only ask for a batch to be mailed to me...

4 comments:

~Tanner said...

Oh my gosh! 1000 posts! Wow! Congratulations!! That is an amazing accomplishment!


Amazed,
Tanner

www.tannersnotes.blogspot.com

Vicki W said...

Congrats on surpassing 1000 posts!

Libby said...

Yeah for the milestone post and the award, too!

Exuberant Color said...

I just reached 500 posts and it feels good to have a number with some zeros on it. Yes leave the political stuff out, I want to hear about fabric related issues. Congrats on the 1000 posts and sticking with it.