Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Since I was looking there anyway

(You may have noticed the P.S. added to the previous post.)
Turns out I have liked that quilt designer for quite a while & never knew it...
I have been viewing eye candy at "All People Quilt.com" (I have a subscription to one of their magazines & regularly buy another off of the newsstand) and saw this on that quilt designer: Past Projects.
Off hand I really like 4 or 5 of those designs. One of which, I ran to the store to find blue & white batiks so I could make my own version - but alas blue & white batiks were not to be had.

As I was browsing through one of those magazines last night, I saw this quilt... I then pulled out one of my CW UFO's & played with it a little - saying, "You really should cut out the background & make this into a top."

Oh & I am so loving the Chinese Coins pattern...

The only thing that I can say in me Dandylion defense is that I have not actually "started" on a lot of my "want to do's" recently. I am really trying hard to finish piecing the RR X-ing quilt & to work on stuff for the Kitten. New on my Kitten list - a small as in only a few blocks - log cabin vs. a ton of tiny blocks. Why a log cabin all of a sudden - well I was looking at my quilt books again & my muse was inspired. What can I say? (I plan to make it with 100% stash fabrics!) Do you think the Kitten would like a Chinese Coins Quilt? (not using the CW palette...)

6 comments:

Kathie said...

I love chinese coin quilts too!
look at the picture here, same red fabric and its a mini of the quilt in the magazine!
YES I still could make a few more!
next one will be 30's

Carin said...

I enjoy the Chinese coin pattern I bet you could make a darling baby quilt with that pattern

Quiltdivajulie said...

Absolutely - the chinese coin quilt idea lends itself beautifully! Can't wait to see what you do with this line of thinking!

Exuberant Color said...

I'm sure she(?) would adore one, with 30's with white strips or brights with a color to go with her(?) room.

Anne said...

I just wanted to make sure you got my thanks for your comment at pinsandthimbles, because I'm grateful for your advice. You must have thought about this issue a lot more, having quilted for longer and having a kitten of your own on the way! I'll try the Sulky, but I think I agree with you that cotton is safe, and tried, and true.

Catherine said...

The Chinese coin quilt could really be fun with fabrics for a baby's quilt.