Goal 1: I sewed the borders onto my Surf & Sand quilt!
I am so glad that I added the narrow inner border & I am glad that I allowed that big print enough space in the outer border. The backing is one of the prints from this line as well - so this will be a 100% matchy-matchy quilt.
Here it was while I was sewing on a border...
"I thought I was helping."
Goal 2: I decided that the batik bricks quilt was big enough without a border. (It has been languishing & I forgot just how big it is...)
I liked it when I unfurled it...
So did my helper. The "bricks" are 2.5 x 4.5 cut & on this quilt they are all batiks or hand-dyeds. The "Mortar" is 1.5 x 4.5 - on this quilt black batik. You sew the mortar to the bricks like a rail fence... Mine is set on point, so I have setting triangles too. This is an easy scrappy quilt. & more my style - I think... (I always say that I like scrappy... But there are more & more matchy-matchy quilts being made by me.)
I worked on the back for this quilt - but failed to get a photo... It is a bunch of batik blocks (I was "into" batiks.) that never quite got made into a top. Last night, I thought - add the sashing & make that top... I did not listen, I just sewed the blocks together & tonight I will add borders to make it big enough to be a back. I'll tell you more about those blocks when I show them... They have a "story."
I even did a small amount on the RR X-ing quilt.
One final shot:
RB wanted to go to the long armer... (That black batik will be the binding for the bricks quilt & another quilt.)
Lets see: 2 goals set, 2 goals met! Now for a goal or two for tonight...
1. Finish the back for the bricks quilt
2. Piece the applique quilt together.
3. Do some more piecing on the RR X-ing quilt.