Sunday, August 31, 2008

Don't you hate it...

When you think you have cut "enough" strips to subcut, only to find out later that you were "in a word" - WRONG!

So I have sub-cut about 1/2 of the strips needed for the log cabin. I'm glad that I did not put those back into the stash...

Word from the not so wise...

When you are cutting for a log cabin - the "old fashioned" way where you cut each strip the correct length... Start with the longest strips first...

Now I don't even feel like trimming the scraps for the Chinese Coins...

2 comments:

Jules said...

You have so much energy. You amaze me! Have fun with the log cabin.

Bizarre Quilter said...

When I am cutting for a log cabin, I calculate how long each of my strips will be, then see what combination will give me the least scraps when I cut across the width of the fabric.

It's tough you need to cut more strips, but it's not that tough! Shake yourself up woman!! :)