Thursday, August 21, 2008

Disappointment

What a great way to start the day, eh?
1. I am disappointed that I will only have 48 days to take off to be with the kitten. (Not including weekends or Federal Holidays.) Which means if I give birth in early December, I'll only be out until mid-February.
2. I am disappointed that I only sewed a few units together last night. (I had two lap seekers who did not cooperate with the sewing plan at all. - Nor did they cooperate with the photographing.)
3. I am disappointed that the part of the Olympics that I wanted to see started at 11 p.m. & I have been crashing at 8:30/9 o'clock every night. Oh, I am also disappointed with how much time NBC spent on a few sports/athletes...
4. I am disappointed by the tone of the political ads that I so luckily got to see while I was trying to watch the Olympics. So much so that I pretty much gave up on trying to watch the Olympics. I fell asleep during the Naked Archaeologist last night - he is on the History Channel - or a derrivative thereof. (History International I think.)
Now I feel like I should have a gratitude list... (But I am feeling a bit glum, so I will not go through that exercise as it will be half-hearted any way & that is not the point.)

Happy Thursday. (Ack, I just caught myself wishing for the weekend...)

4 comments:

Exuberant Color said...

I'll start your gratitude list for you:
1. good loving husband
2. lucky to be employed (when so many aren't)
3. healthy enough to carry a baby

Greenmare said...

I'll add to it.
4. sunshine
5. pretty clouds
6. thoughts of sweet baby

Jane said...

Bet we do not cheer you up......but here are a couple more.1 ability to carry a baby. I had early hysterectomony and missed that joy.....give it a rub for me and sing it a soothing song.
Those times woud be great here as they are in our hottest period of the year.

good to have a hobby that is still there to welcome you back

grateful that Olympics are not on ALL the time........vbg...nor are politics and I have to say I am glad that I have our system not yours.,,,,it gets a bit tiresome even over here....so here I am being grumpy and critical.....lol.


Grateful that you are allowed to be glum and that you will know the difference when joy breaks through the clouds again.

Sorry you were glum.....but it was good to get it out of your system.

Karen Dianne Lee said...

Well shoot. This was a bummer day. I'm glad you got it out of your system though. ...and I'm glad that day is behind us.

Its History Love, *karendianne.