Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Pregnancy & one more thing that you don't think about before getting pregnant

Preggie clothes - & I'm not talking about those "Knocked-Up" T-Shirts

I think that I am pretty o.k, for summer - I have an assortment plain t-shirts, a couple long shorts, a couple capris, a skirt, 2 dresses, & a couple pants that I hope will last a while... (I'm not a pants wearer in general, but skirts are not to be found in my local big box stores. What they do have are SHORT shorts... ACK!) Oh & lets not mention my size - it is the first one to be sold - I must truely be "average" I just wish that stores realized that & stocked more in my size.

So I just had my husband order 4 long length skirts - perfect for late fall/winter probably o.k. for the air conditioned office too & I got several long sleeved shirts...

The reason for this rant - we have been saving for baby stuff, but the idea of buying preggie stuff never crossed my mind (I am not a clothes shopper - so this is "new" for me. I always spent in quilting.)

Hopefully this will carry me through the pregnancy...

8 comments:

Jules said...

Hey, I have a couple of nice things left over. Would you like them? I am definitely beyond every getting pregnant again. I have a great cardigan and some other tops. Let me know. (I also have a couple of pants that were barely worn, but no skirts.)

Carin said...

Do you have any consignment stores near you? we have a few here that have pregancy clothes because you only need them for such a short time. just an idea

Betty J in OKC said...

Personally, I'd check with the Freecycle.org group in your area to see if anyone's getting rid of their maternity stuff. The clothing's free and you can recycle it to someone else when you're done. :)

Margery said...

Congrats on being pregnant - it's an exciting time! When I was expecting my first (she's 34 now) one shop told me that maternity clothes were out of season ...

Melissa said...

You will continue to buy more and more clothes. By the time you're about 2-3 weeks away, nothing will fit no matter what you do. They tell you to buy the same size you wear normally. I am a medium usually and I couldn't even fit into my extra large clothes by the end. It is worth it in the end though. I love looking at your blog. You have some great stuff! Congrats on being pregnant!

Shelina said...

I had a hard time buying clothes for pregnancy as well. I just didn't want to spend the money for such a short term. I would recommend thrift stores as well for maternity and baby clothes.

Karol-Ann said...

People often joke that it won' be money wasted as it takes a while after you have your baby to lose the weight (if you ever do!) I'm sure you will, but you are not suddenly thin or average again straight after having a baby, it takes a few months so a few decent things won't be wasted. What about raiding hubby's wardrobe on the weekends?

Margaret aka Supermom said...

last trimester you will not want anything that goes around your waist - dresses, jumpers, etc. The snugness across the baby was VERY uncomfortable.

And regarding Karol-Ann's comments - may be 1-2 yrs (if not prego again - ha ha like me) before the hips are aligned and small again, regardless of how fast the pounds come off.

fun fun!!