Sunday, July 27, 2008

Partial Weekend Wrap-up - It is only Sunday @9:30 a.m.

Friday afterwork, I was talking to my husband on the phone & he mentioned calling the quilt shop to check on my machine. (They are usually really good about calling when the machines are ready for pick-up, so I did not call even though they had had the machine for quite a while.) he called, they forgot to tag it & call me to pick it up...

So I got our rental car (Automatic so that my husband can drive it well - rather than well enough to get me to the hospital) for the weekend & then got my machine!

That evening, I cooked the last of the CSA veggies for the week with some sausages - then I gave them back to the plumbing recepitcle... Some time things just don't sit well with the Kitten. (I think that it is quantity more than anything, but that is not 100% true either.)

Saturday, we went to Hershey, Pennsylvania for the quilt show (photos later). Started out with a homemade picnic lunch - so nice to be prepared everyonce in a while... Took a spin around the merchant mall & spent my GC & saw Debby - She gave me two gifties - one for a boy baby & one for a girl baby, since I still don't know the gender, I have not opened the gifties yet - yes, I am breaking my arm patting myself on the back over that one. Then we went to see the show. Some repeats from other shows & some new quilts.

Soap box moment coming... I can look at a show rather quickly... My husband did not 100% appreciate/realize that fact because we often go with a slower looker... You see I am not a placcard reader... I only jotted down info. for you, but now that I have been the victim of a "witch hunt" I have decided not to take down titles or makers names. If they can not search for their title or name, than they can not find it, not the best approach, but that is what they want apparently, because at least one was not happy with COMPLETE attribution - I pity the person who thought that a photo with the barrier tape & my crappy photo taking abilities was going to be "used" in anyway by anyone trying to "make a buck" off of their work. I mean they did enter into a public show where photography is allowed...

Back off the box

So after we viewed the show & the merchant mall, we went to the outlets & got a few things for the Kitten - including 4 books. :o)

We then returned to the show & looked again at the Merchant mall...
I got several things that I was in the market for! (& not many that I was not there to find!)
I wanted a quilting stencil. (or 2 or 3) Check!
I wanted #8 black perl cotton. (Available all over, but I was going to be at the show & I'd prefer to support the vendors than the big box stores.) Check!
I was willing to entertain the idea of buying a charm pack of Kaffe Fassett prints. (I did not need it, but I do have a snow ball quilt growing in my mind/stash.) Check!
Gifties for my mini-group. Check! (YAY - This one is always so hard for me!)
Taupes - hopefully a charm pack & hopefully the flower pot template. Check & check! (But the template will be mailed to me.) & a few other fat quarters and a 1 yard cut - I had to use the whole gift certificate! (Now I can work on my Double X quilt - yeah right after I finish the top for my dad & a quilt or 3 or 4 for the Kitten.)
I got some lovely fabrics at Debby's booth that were so not on my list... I did not get any cat prints, altough I wanted to...

Then we went to Dinner at the Circular Dining room at the Hotel Hershey. (Fancy Schmancy, but worth it every once in a while.) The food was all beautifully presented & tasted wonderful as well - especially the chocolate butter! (I could have just eaten sourdough bread with chocolate butter!) I ate more than enough - which could be considered suprising considering the restaurant - know what I mean? So not unlike the night before, this food stayed with me, I guess the Kitten likes chocolate - the souffle was wonderful! (Although I was intrigued by the chocolate basil tart too. I should have gotten that - I have had & can have a souffle locally - now the chocolate basil tart, that might have been a one time chance...)

We then returned home without incident - except that after we fed two STARVING kitties, they gave it back to the plumbing recepticle as well. (Oh, I wish they bothered to make it to a plumbing recepticle...)

Here it is Sunday morning & I am back from getting our CSA share for the week - corn cantaloupe, squash, cucumber, tomatoes, potatoes, peaches, & blueberries - I passed on the green peppers - While I will eat them if they are presented to me, I will not choose them - so I know that we would not eat it this week...

The blueberries are good - even if they are a bit squashed - you see I was in a turn lane & there was a turn lane next to me - the driver in the lane next to me really wanted to be in my lane & nearly hit me to get there - I had to honk & swerve to stay out of an accident. Consequently, my blueberries that had been nicely on top, ended up under the peaches... Oh well, they still taste good.

Now I need to get some work done - not sure how much - all this chatter about the quilt show has me itching to stitch!

6 comments:

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

Yes, my picture taking at photography allowed events, has also led to a couple of snide remarks about the "legality" of those photos. It's not even worth explaining at the event. I ignore and enjoy the show. I do respect if there are signs posted please no photos though.

Juliann in WA said...

I tend to view quilt shows quickly too. If I see something I just love, I will stop but I don't need to examine every detail of every quilt. Bummer that someone has made negative remarks about posting photos. Seems that there is a new intensity about this stuff lately.

Kay said...

There's apparently a possible change in the law coming that would make it much easier to "borrow" someone's idea. But what a shame that you got heck for incomplete attribution. I guess no attribution is the way to go :) I too look at shows quickly, not even bothering if a quilt looks too much like many others I've seen.

Enjoyed the snarkiness--

artfilstitch said...

I usually view quickly and then if there might be something of interest, then I view it again. Have taken so many photos that I am photo poor! I just finished a project from a class that I took in Tokyo and what fun was that. Look forward to seeing some of your photo's.

Jules said...

Glad you had a nice time. I am a fast quilt show looker, too. I cannot go with other people because I just cannot move that slowly.

simplicitybegins said...

Sounds like visiting the quilt show AND the restaurant in Hershey is something to add to my "some day" list.