Tuesday, July 22, 2008

It is peach season

So I made peach cobbler. AWESOME! Unfortunately my pie plate was not big enough & I made a big mess in the oven. Also since I had the vent on, I could not hear the timer, so this baked longer that called for - but it was still AWESOME! Some of my peaches were "cosmetically challenged" they still tasted great!

I wanted to make a peach shortcake recipe that I saw on TV, but the show only shared one recipe from that episode & it wasn't the shortcake recipe. (I officially will not be buying the cookbook for that very reason & because most of the recipes would not work with my dietary restrictions. I watch several cooking shows on PBS on Saturday afternoons - this one fills the 1/2 hour between the shows that I want to watch.) I googled for something similar & came up short - so I switched to cobbler.

4 comments:

Screen Door said...

I've been out of touch the past few days... I love your ultrasound!!! How awesome to see your baby's face....Love the fabrics.... The dogwood collection looks like a compromise for traditional and contemporary quilts. We've been chocolate chip cookie baking in our house. My Dad is the big cobbler eater--- peach, blueberry, apple... he loves them all. You sparked good memories with that post. Have a good day-- hope you are feeling well.
Mel

Rian said...

mmmm. Nothing says summer like warm peach cobbler and vanilla ice cream.

Violette Severin said...

You can't beat peach cobbler for dessert. It's the best.

Mandi said...

You are the 2nd blog I've read tonight with a peach cobbler recipe!! YUM!!!!