Thursday, July 03, 2008

Anything going on out there?

Not much in here...

No sewing since the weekend...
No cutting since the weekend...
No starting anything new since the weekend - even with a lot of temptation yesterday...

I've kept up with my exercise by walking during lunch.

However, today I will be leaving work early to take RB to the vet - he has been having coughing fits... Hopefully they are nothing to worry about like all of his sneezing.

I am for the first time wearing a 100% maternity outfit. Which includes a white skirt (red shirt)- so when I ate my plum, I tried to ruin it righ away. Luckily the juice was light & I got it up right away.

I know that a lot of you have at least 1 patriotic quilt... I have a red white & blue quilt started - but it is not blatantly patriotic, that is just not my thing. (I don't decorate - at all let alone differently for the different holidays.) The funny thing is, is that I really like blue & white and red & white quilts - I'm just not drawn to the triad. (99.9% of the time I would use yellow instead of red.)

With that said, I do plan on going to the National Mall to see the Folklife Festival tomorrow & then I hope to bbq some shishkabobs before going to the county fairgrounds to see the fireworks. (I may even make strawberry shortcakes!) They are calling for rain in the evening...

No big plans for Saturday or Sunday, but for the two weeks after, I will be in training - not sure about internet access... The Monday after that I go in for my 20 week ultrasound... ;o) I am still amazed by the very thought. & a bit overwhelmed because the baby projects are in pieces & parts...

4 comments:

Jacquie said...

Dribbling on oneself is a sign of a mother...at least for me is was. Have a wonderful weekend.

Karen said...

Wow, have a wonderful time at the Folklife Festival and the fairgrounds, it sounds like so much fun.

Rian said...

Nobody sez the baby projects have to be completed before the baby is.

I think it would be so cool to be at the Nat'l Mall on Independence Day.

Nicole and Phil said...

gosh, it has been awhile since i popped in to see you!
Congratulations on the upcoming addition to the family!
I hope you get all your quilty projects done soon!
xx