Monday, July 07, 2008

30's baby/crib quilt (tumbler "charm")


30's baby/crib quilt (tumbler "charm")
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

The case of "I make everything too big."

In my mind (based upon how much fabric I had on hand), I figured that 18 x 18 would be a good size quilt for the "calico kitten." When I layed out the rows - it looked like I was going to deliver a TODDLER!

I have now pretty much decided to make this into 2 quilts (I took blocks off of the rows & made more shorter rows,)

But I got in such a funk when I saw this that after I made those rows, I refused to sew them together!

So I pieced some backs for quilt tops that I ready to be sent off for long arming.

My access to computers will be very limited for the next two weeks, so I will catch up as I can...

Hope all is well out there in the blog-o-shpere. (I am more available by e-mail, so don't be shy...)

5 comments:

Ruth's Place said...

It looks lovely and two will be even better! I just did your seven things meme.

Karol-Ann said...

This is so pretty! And big is not neccessarily bad. It's always good to have a quilt to pop over a carpet or floor for the little kitten to practice sitting up, crawling, drooling, rolling over...

Sarah said...

If it's not too late, I say keep it as one quilt. You'll be shocked how quickly they outgrow the tiny baby stuff. It looks adorable; I may need to work up the courage to try that pattern (I'm a total newbie - last night I did my first ever non-right-angle piecing).

Violette Severin said...

I say that bigger is better.

Margaret aka Supermom said...

cribs are 28" x 51"
My kids' "baby" quilts are about 36x45", and they did not use them except to sleep on top of until about age 2 until age 4. A good baby size of 18"x18" works for a carseat or stroller, but not too practical in a crib for very long.
just my rambling thoughts...