Monday, June 30, 2008

Quilty weekend wrap-up/quilt-a-thon recap

Well, on Friday I stated that I wanted to sew a little each day - here is what transpired:
Cat in a quilt bag (I used this bag to hold a UFO)
I pulled a UFO out & my cat immediately took up residence in the bag.
This is the UFO:
faux log cabin quilt in pieces A faux log cabin...
What I accomplished Friday Night:
30's doll quilt in pieces and parts
Do you see the "twosies" those got sewn "wrong" (that is why I usually stick to squares - no sewing them together wrong.)
So I decided to make 2 thimble doll quilts instead of ripping out all of those seams.
Here is one:
30's doll quilt top before pressing & adding borders
My Saturday accomplishment before pressing and borders.
On Sunday I worked on the one with the thimbles going the other way.

So I met my goal of doing a bit of sewing, exercising, & cleaning every day over the weekend.

Here's too keeping it up! (HA! HA! HA!)

9 comments:

triciasagen said...

Well, for a woman who claime she has not felt like sewing lately, you sure did get a lot done this weekend!
And thanks for all the great pics of your trip-I've already been to Gettysburg, so this was a treat!
Have a great day!
Tricia

atet said...

Those thimbles look lovely and I can assure you that you've done more sewing lately than I have, I think I'm going through a cycle as well. UGH.

Carin said...

Silly kitty mine does the same thing. The thimble doll quilts are darling!

Jacquie said...

Good for you. I love the thimbles quilt. Such a good idea.

debby said...

Love those thimbles!

On the milk issue: I cook with powdered and use fresh for drinking.

See you in Hershey? I'm working the whole time so I'll be easy to find.

Shelina said...

That's so funny - those are exactly the same goals as I have - quilting, exercising and cleaning. I have to admit I haven't done well in any of those areas lately. Thanks for the reminder.

andsewitis Holly said...

Lovin the look of that thimble doll quilt. Lookin good!

Tanya said...

Love the kitty picture! Cats always turn up in the darndest places! Sometimes they give me scare when I accidently come across them!

Ruth's Place said...

They are cute. You are getting more sewing done than me! Then again my machine is in the shop getting serviced, so I'm only getting cutting done. You know, for all those projects I'm going to sew when the machine comes back lol